oil coming out little hole from oil filter housing????

duffmanoyea

Established Member
when first starting up the car oil will leak from a tiny hole on the bottom of the oil filter housing, only for a couple seconds then it stops, anyone ever have this happen to them, i dont know why it starts then stops all of a sudden

12secgt

Established Member
Need to get an oil separator on it and unhook the hose from the valve cover to breather pipe on the passenger side and get a breather to put in the hole on the passenger valve cover. Then pull air filter housing off and clean it out.

duffmanoyea

Established Member
Need to get an oil separator on it and unhook the hose from the valve cover to breather pipe on the passenger side and get a breather to put in the hole on the passenger valve cover. Then pull air filter housing off and clean it out.

but why is it doing this all of a sudden it just did it the other night moving my car over in the driveway

12secgt

Established Member
It's slowly filled the air filter housing up with oil and now it's running out. Take it off and see if it is full of oil. My oil seperator fills up pretty fast when you run it hard like at the track. Mine was coming out around the throttle body where the pipe hooks up. Non after the seperator.

duffmanoyea

Established Member
i got a kn filter no oil in tube throttle body everything is clean im about to do a oil change on it now anything else to look at

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member

Where does it say anything about the valve covers??

OP, if it is coming from the bottom of the oil filter, it is possible your oil cooler needs to be tightened up. There is a stud that the oil filter screws onto and you probably need to tighten that up a little.

duffmanoyea

Established Member
exactly what is was i took that filter off and u could move the whole cooler thanks bro

12secgt

Established Member
Where does it say anything about the valve covers??

OP, if it is coming from the bottom of the oil filter, it is possible your oil cooler needs to be tightened up. There is a stud that the oil filter screws onto and you probably need to tighten that up a little.

Wow I need to read better. I thought it said air filter housing. LOL:??:

Users who are viewing this thread