oil catch can

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
A lot of people will tell you to make one or you could check out JLT.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
A lot of guys will run the drivers side line to the passenger side into a T junction and then run that single line into a single catch can. In the example it runs back into the intake side instead of a catch can. You get the idea though. You can save a good chunk of change by using oil/water separators for pneumatic tools. You can pick um up at any big hardware store: home depot, lowes, etc.

oilcatchexample.jpg

Last edited:

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
How well does it work???

Does exactly what all the others do. Collects oil, its in an easy spot for draining and has a level on the side so you can see when its getting full. I mounted off the power steering pump with the bracket it came with and it worked out perfectly.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Does exactly what all the others do. Collects oil, its in an easy spot for draining and has a level on the side so you can see when its getting full. I mounted off the power steering pump with the bracket it came with and it worked out perfectly.

nice..just see ebay and wonder if it works compared with other brands

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
nice..just see ebay and wonder if it works compared with other brands

Ebay can work to you advantage if you know what to look for when picking a product and seller. I just put 1500.00 into my motor using ebay for major work. Purchasing it anywhere else would of cost me a minimum of 2200.00. So i am happy with ebay.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Hate the engine snakes on both of those set ups...How are you able to justify all of those fittings and SS line for a pcv system on an otherwise almost stock motor? Maybe a fuel system or a remote oil filter....

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Hate the engine snakes on both of those set ups...How are you able to justify all of those fittings and SS line for a pcv system on an otherwise almost stock motor? Maybe a fuel system or a remote oil filter....

How do you justify a product that works and shows results???? Obviously you have not read enough about these motors to realize that their "PCV" system isn't the greatest and has flaws. :shrug:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Little defensive over your frivolous investment? I realize the deficiency of the oil laden air that is discharged into the intake thus lowering the effective octane of the fuel and blah blah blah. All I'm saying is, your motor is pretty much stock, why not spend $50 on push on fittings and rubber hose with an ebay catch can? Instead of that set up which probably cost at least 4 times that and would be better suited to a show car or something with more steel braided lines like a fuel system or at least something with more supporting mods like uhh...anything...The best part is, the fittings to the valve covers look like they are push on, thus defeating the entire purpose of the steel braided line and fittings.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Little defensive over your frivolous investment? I realize the deficiency of the oil laden air that is discharged into the intake thus lowering the effective octane of the fuel and blah blah blah. All I'm saying is, your motor is pretty much stock, why not spend $50 on push on fittings and rubber hose with an ebay catch can? Instead of that set up which probably cost at least 4 times that and would be better suited to a show car or something with more steel braided lines like a fuel system or at least something with more supporting mods like uhh...anything...The best part is, the fittings to the valve covers look like they are push on, thus defeating the entire purpose of the steel braided line and fittings.

A question isn't defensive over the web. Plus I don't have any steel lines. Not into the look. What one person finds good and clean looking doesn't mean the next person will think the same. If this setup didn't do anything then your previous response would make sense. But since it does exactly what its supposed to do then I am lost on the problem with it. Your statement above shows you knew why people use them, so what else is there to justify?

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I mixed up who had the steel lines and fittings and who had the rubber and ebay catch can. Sleepin 4.6, yours was the one I meant to tell bad99svt that he should have copied. He was the one with the impractical SS lines and fittings. My mistake

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I mixed up who had the steel lines and fittings and who had the rubber and ebay catch can. Sleepin 4.6, yours was the one I meant to tell bad99svt that he should have copied. He was the one with the impractical SS lines and fittings. My mistake

It's all good. I was confused also.

Users who are viewing this thread