Oil Burning?

vicnkathy

Established Member
Hello, is a quart of oil every 1500 miles normal? My 2014gt has about 2,800 miles and has consumed 2 quarts of mobil 1 5w20 thus far. I do not break in cars softly lol. Is this an indication of a future issue or is it normal. It's my first Ford so I don't know.

Fun4me

Established Member
Why are you using mobil oil? I think you're supposed to leave the factory fill for about
3-5k.

NickSezz

Established Member
I am using the OEM 5w20 oil. My car will only lose 1/2-1 qt ever 5,000 miles.

I would say that yours is a bit excessive. Are you measuring the level of the oil on a completely flat surface every time you check?

MoonRider

Established Member
I would of left the factory fill in for atleast 3, 000 miles then changed it out but I have seen when breaking in a motor it uses a little bit of oil but damn 2 qt s something don't sound right. Also I'm using Amsoil ss5-30 and so far it use little to no oil after 7, 000 miles on this change

mhyjek

Established Member
Hello, is a quart of oil every 1500 miles normal? My 2014gt has about 2,800 miles and has consumed 2 quarts of mobil 1 5w20 thus far. I do not break in cars softly lol. Is this an indication of a future issue or is it normal. It's my first Ford so I don't know.

I would say normal my car personally hasn't lost any measurable amount but I dropped factory fill at 500 miles went to mobile one 5w40 and changed at 3000 with the stick reading full and drain volume about 7.8 quarts I return it in the same containers as the fill with a fresh drain pan, the only way I know that info...

With that said I've read on here and bob's the oil guy that during break in theses motors can consume like yours is. I will switch to Amsoil before I go FI and heard that if you do have a consumption issue(like yours not like 2qts per thousand) it will be a thing of the past after the switch.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I went through 3.75 qts before my first oil change. I was pissed. Ford told me it was acceptable, and it should stop. I was even pissed'er(lol). They were right. After I did my first oil change, it went through about 1.5qts before the next oil change. Now I don't even have to fill at all between oil changes. I don't like it, but either way it stopped. I still use the motorcraft oil ford recommended.

mhyjek

Established Member
I went through 3.75 qts before my first oil change. I was pissed. Ford told me it was acceptable, and it should stop. I was even pissed'er(lol). They were right. After I did my first oil change, it went through about 1.5qts before the next oil change. Now I don't even have to fill at all between oil changes. I don't like it, but either way it stopped. I still use the motorcraft oil ford recommended.
I hope it is 5w50 because you are running TVS, much like gt 500 needs 5w50 much harder on oil when boosted

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Op these cars on break in tens to use oil. Part of the issues is on the manual cars they suck oil through the pcv. Adding a oil seperator will help.

vicnkathy

Established Member
FACTORY FILL STILL IN CAR!!! Sorry, let me clear this up. I checked oil at 1500 miles. 1 quart low, so I added a quart of Mobil 1
Rechecked at 2800 miles. just a little under a quart low. Added another quart of mobil 1

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
It's normal OP, my 13 consumed quiet a bit the first 5k or so

After I switch to AMSOIL SS 10w30 my consumption has practically ceased

Users who are viewing this thread