Oh NO!!! Woke up in the middle of the night...

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
I had a good feeling last night when I finished all of the engine work on the KB install; all I have left is adding the chip and BAP. Sometime during the night my eyes suddenly openned realizing I had not cleaned the butterflies on the IMRC! Although they were not gummy, I had planned to clean them up with some carburator cleaner before re-installing them. Should I tear everything back down and clean them or is it not that big of an issue for now?

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
With only 20k they cant be that bad, Im sure it wouldnt have hurt if you done it, but at the same time it couldnt have been a life threatening decision. :shrug:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Dude you have a kenne bell if you are going to go back in there, freakin delete those bitches, you definitly dont need them.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
Dude you have a kenne bell if you are going to go back in there, freakin delete those bitches, you definitly dont need them.

I am not doubting you...it just took me by surprise! I wonder why KB doesn't put that in their instruction manual? I wonder how many Cobra/KB are running without the IMRC. I presume the chip would have to be reprogrammed for no IMRC?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
You would need to have the imrc's deleted from the computer and have it dyno tuned but I would think that the blower would make plenty of low end without the imrc's. Not really a big deal though.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
YOu can still clean them out. Seafoam... It works great. Just suck the bottle in through your PCV valve and drive the hell out of the car. Should clean them up no sweat.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Someone refresh my memory. What does IMRC stand for? :idea:

Yell98CobraVert said:
I am not doubting you...it just took me by surprise! I wonder why KB doesn't put that in their instruction manual? I wonder how many Cobra/KB are running without the IMRC. I presume the chip would have to be reprogrammed for no IMRC?

budguy1967

Established Member
Yell98CobraVert said:
Intake Manifold Runner Control. When you hit approx. 32,000 rpm, this controls the opening of the butterflies.

Hmmm...32,000 rpms?, you might hit a quarter of that before the motor grenades. :poke: 3250 rpms is where the IMRC's open up.

Users who are viewing this thread