Oh No No 12.0, 12.0

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Still no 11's for me. Made 5 passes at LACR today. Spun 3 times resulting in 12.2's. Two best passes were:

1.912/12.011/117.46
1.923/12.069/117.58

For what it worth corrected for LACR's 2710' elevation thats an 11.65 @ 121.5.

Still havn't learned how to get the killer 60' times with the 275 Nitto's. I know practice practice. One of the techs was givin my car a good look over at the end of the day. Hope that doesn't mean there goin pull the plug when I run 11's. Anybody getting away with running 11's at LACR without a roll bar?

randy & SoCalBlk03 where were you?

Lagtime

Established Member
Congrats! Those are excellent times & traps for LACR! And I think you'll be booted if you run into the 11's, you may get away with a pass or two, though. But not if you do it consistently.

And you'll be well into the 11's at Fontana, or C-bad. Fontana is really strict, I'm not so sure about C-bad.

So, are you willing to cage it? It's a debate I have, I don't really want to cage my car either, but I also like to get more than a single pass after I pay my $ to run.

My1stFord

Established Member
<slap's self in head>

Oh and FYI.. Thera-Flu can make one delerious :rollseyes

great numbers

03DOHC

Established Member
Tetge- Any AM radio reception problems with the hood blanket removed? Sorry OT.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
So, are you willing to cage it?

No. The reason I got the 03 was because I had to put a roll cage in my 92 coupe and couldn't drive my kids to school in it anymore! I'll take one 11 at LACR and run since I don't want to get permentally kicked out. Have to go to Fontana for the good slip soon.

46stang

Established Member
wow, that is very impressive for lacr! you rock man! can you post your mods! What rpm were you launching and what rpm did you shift at? congrats! 117mph at lacr is pretty darn fast!! I can guarantee your going to get the boot at fontana!! Carlsbad may be a little more leaniant though! either way you'll easily be in the 11.xx's!! congrats!
Leon

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Fiveohdean
SoCalBlk03 where were you?

Congrats, I'm jelous :thumbsup: Where was I? I'm gettin' me sume mo edjimication. :lol: Spent Sat 8-4 and today 8-2 in class. Working on my Masters so my weekends are starting to get busy. I might come out to watch the next time you go. For now though my car is taking a break until the tax man brings me a pulley and chip. :burnout:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
my weekends are starting to get busy.

Don't let em get too busy, Sal's mustang day is coming up. I should be able to run 11.8 @ 119 by then. You don't need a stinkin pulley, your allready faster than the rest of the non pullied cars and some with pulleys!

What rpm were you launching and what rpm did you shift at?

3k off the line. I was getting too greedy, I wanted that 11 sec slip bad. Tried to launch at 4K three times, spun each time. I always shift gears at 6500.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Fiveohdean
Don't let em get too busy, Sal's mustang day is coming up. I should be able to run 11.8 @ 119 by then. You don't need a stinkin pulley, your allready faster than the rest of the non pullied cars and some with pulleys!

As my good fortune would have it I have a final on Mar 9th. :cryying: I'll have to see if I can take it on the 8th as that's the only way I'll make it. Oh, BTW thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm greedy though ..... someday I'll give you a good race. ;-)

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
CONGRATULATIONS on the 12.0s
You know the 11's are right there.

As mentioned I went to Fontana early saturday morning, and although not quite as busy as the time we were there before xmas, it was still busy. Only 2 runs for 3 hours. At least I made a slight improvement, my first run was 12.79, second a 13.0 and by then I had to leave to go across to the oval track.

Driving a NASCAR at about 165mph around California Speedway really is something else. An AWESOME experience. INCREDIBLE!!!

Overall a great day, a slightly better 1/4 mile time and a NASCAR drive, ....excellent.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Snakin 69,

Do you know when the next Fontana event is? I need to redeem myself after last time. Did both you and Linda hit 165? I need to try that some time as well.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Fiveohdean,
According to the CA Speedway website, the next dates on the schedule are: feb. 15-16, march 8-9, march 22-23.

We worked out she probably hit about 130mph. Even at that for her, she absolutely loved it.
It was a great experience, not cheap, but a boatload of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread