oh lord did a nice cooker now the truck shakes WTF

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
I did a nice 30 sec burnout to finish off my old tires 3rd gear at about 3500 rpms....the truck shook when i brought it to have the new tires installed they balanced them and i got an alignment and the truck still shakes...the rear seems to shake alot...i am taking it back to get the tires re balanced because they used sticky weights and they only put 2 of them on each side when my front tires have like 12 plus...any ideas and air pressure was correct
BURNOUT005.jpg

Taunto

Established Member
dont get em reguallry balanced with sticky weights I hate those.. go get em road forced balanced.. that will elminate the tires for sure.. but I think ur problem isnt tires... when does it shake? accel? decel? steady driving, highway, intown...

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
steady driving mostly at 65 to 67 mph under accel or decel i cant tell cause of the force from braking and such. this really sucks

Stinger2007

Established Member
Hmm! One would think that something shifted while you were doing the burnout, possible maybe.

Something tells me it is the tires, how do your brakes look by the way? I had these symptoms once, I can't recolect what the issue actually was, but I think it had something to do with the brakes.

keep us posted, I'd like to know if it was indeed the tires.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
how do your brakes look by the way? I had these symptoms once, I can't recolect what the issue actually was, but I think it had something to do with the brakes.

A long burnout without linelock can warp your brakes. Check the rotors.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i was thinking rotors but last time i had to replace the rotors it shook only under braking but that was in my old car. so if the rotors are warped you can feel that even when not on the brakes

rich1011

Established Member
i was thinking rotors but last time i had to replace the rotors it shook only under braking but that was in my old car. so if the rotors are warped you can feel that even when not on the brakes

Same thing happened with my old g35. I was smoking the tires before racing (stock rotors) and from then on I had a vibration all the time, but it was worse when I was braking.

04SVT-L

Established Member
haha yea ive had that happen to me before too:rockon: that vibration is just the sign of a good burnout cuz you kno they got hot! haha

Users who are viewing this thread