Oh how I love international soccer

6spd

Established Member
probably the most memorable soccer game ive ever watched! it was great to see dudek have such a fantastic comeback. too bad he wasnt as good with the polish National squad. However, Artur boruc looks very promising :D

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
There's nothing like the World Cup. Especially if your motherland is in the cup. :rockon:

+1 :rockon: :rockon:

Fenah said:
+1 :rockon: :rockon:

My proudest moment this summer was Spain beating the Ukraine during qualifying, considering I work with so many Ukrainians :rockon: . But when the lazy Spaniard showed up against France, I couldn't get any lower. :loser: :lol: . Can barely wait to do it all over agin in 4 years. :rockon:

ls1eater

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Why cause you can't play? I bet you can play the playstation real well. Thats super gay in my book.
For one I don't play video games I'd rather spend my time doing other stuff and two what in the hell does playstation have anything to do with what I said........

ls1eater said:
For one I don't play video games I'd rather spend my time doing other stuff and two what in the hell does playstation have anything to do with what I said........

Plenty. You have to be in outstanding physical shape to play soccer, in comparison to American football. As much as I love American football, there is greater athleticism and training involved with soccer. The video game crowd is very popular with throwing out the '*** card' when it comes to soccer.

Also, if you're in your early 20s, you have a very high likelihood of playing video games despite what you may be claiming.

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Plenty. You have to be in outstanding physical shape to play soccer, in comparison to American football. As much as I love American football, there is greater athleticism and training involved with soccer. The video game crowd is very popular with throwing out the '*** card' when it comes to soccer.

Sorry, but I'd like to compare training regimens between football and soccer players and see what's tougher. It seems like soccer players spend more time in acting school than they do training for their sport.

IwishIwasfast said:
Sorry, but I'd like to compare training regimens between football and soccer players and see what's tougher. It seems like soccer players spend more time in acting school than they do training for their sport.

Listen man, I've dabbled a bit here and there in the bodybuilding industry, have played high school football and no way in hell are you telling me that the weight training and 2 a day running you do in American football compares to the incredible shape you have to be in to run for 90 minutes. Don't compare lifting weights and stop and go action in football to be equivalent when it comes to being in the kind of endurance and physical shape you need to run for 90 minutes. NFL players would collapse having to do that kind of running. An NFL lineman would drop dead like Korey Stringer, God rest his soul. Weight training is not even close to being on the same level of being capable of running for 90 minutes.

Don't equate muscle size and a bench press with legitimate conditioning. While soccer players may not have thr strength and size of NFL players for obvious reasons, they can sure outlast them on the field. And there are some white guys in professional football (soccer as its called in America) that would out run some of the NFL's fastest players.

You just need to look at some of these NFL players and you can easily see that they are not in very good shape at all. I would expect a 370 lineman to be able to bench press 225 more than 50xs when you look at the size of the guy.

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
iCEMANSGCCC said:
Why can't we have this sort of excitement in American football? Seriously, it just adds so much more to the sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeSooXp3lI&mode=related&search=
1. The level of play is ten-fold overseas. 2. The culture is in love with the sport. 3. The players and teams are treated like rock stars and family at the same time. 4. There are too many new sports being played here that take away from the viewers attention.

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
IwishIwasfast said:

Put Michael Vick(or any fast runner in the NFL) in a sprint with Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, or Dider Drogba, or any EPL player and we'll see who fairs better. It's not all about strength in football(english, not american), but look at players like Zinedine Zidane and you have the full package.

iCEMANSGCCC said:
Put Michael Vick(or any fast runner in the NFL) in a sprint with Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, or Dider Drogba, or any EPL player and we'll see who fairs better. It's not all about strength in football(english, not american), but look at players like Zinedine Zidane and you have the full package.

I'll tell you that Vick or Champ Bailey wouldn't be able to play a 90 mnute game or move the ball the Shevshenko and Ronaldinho can. If you think that any football player can juggle and move with a ball the way these guys can, then you really just don't understand the skill involved in. American Football on the other hand, doesn't take that much skill. If your hand is big enough, you can throw the football.

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
01cobravortech said:
I'll tell you that Vick or Champ Bailey wouldn't be able to play a 90 mnute game or move the ball the Shevshenko and Ronaldinho can. If you think that any football player can juggle and move with a ball the way these guys can, then you really just don't understand the skill involved in. American Football on the other hand, doesn't take that much skill. If your hand is big enough, you can throw the football.

...that's what I was saying to the clowns who say there's more skill involved in American football. lol

motoman991

Banned
I have played soccer all through highschool and I did indoor too. You have to have incredible leg strength to be any good at soccer. And unlike football you dont have a 20 second play then a 35 second break.

Users who are viewing this thread