Offset question

DaddyusMaximus

Established Member
I'm looking to change the wheels on my '03 Marauder. The factor wheels aer 8" wide with 50mm offset. I'm looking at a 9" wide wheel for the front, and a 10" wheel for the rear. What offset would I need to get the new wheels to fit right?

The 9" wheel has 35mm offset.
the 10" wheel has 56mm offset.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post, DaddyusMaximus.

The rear application should fit just fine depending on the tire size you plan on running, but the front is somewhat aggressive.

According to our measurements, the front lip of a 9-inch wheel with +35mm offset will sit approximately ~0.75-inch outside of the fender, not including the tire. If the wheel model you are considering is available in a higher offset, say around +45mm, I'd go that direction.

DaddyusMaximus

Established Member
Discount Tire,

Thanks for the feedback. Sadly they are only available in those sizes. They are Saleen Mustang wheels, but they are exactly what I want for the car.

http://shop.saleen.com/GF_Minilite_Wheel_19x9_p/02-002-00187-01.htm

I was hoping they would fit as there are many guys out there running Mustang wheels on their Vics and MGMs. I checked with Saleen, and they want $500 extra to change each wheel's offset. I'm left wondering if I could take them to a machine shop and have 10 or 15mm milled off the mounting surface of the wheel without weakening it's integrity.

I also am considering just running the 10" wide wheel on all four corners. There's a guy on a Marauder forum with 20x10s up front and 20x11s out back.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Discount Tire,

Thanks for the feedback. Sadly they are only available in those sizes. They are Saleen Mustang wheels, but they are exactly what I want for the car.

http://shop.saleen.com/GF_Minilite_Wheel_19x9_p/02-002-00187-01.htm

I was hoping they would fit as there are many guys out there running Mustang wheels on their Vics and MGMs. I checked with Saleen, and they want $500 extra to change each wheel's offset. I'm left wondering if I could take them to a machine shop and have 10 or 15mm milled off the mounting surface of the wheel without weakening it's integrity.

I also am considering just running the 10" wide wheel on all four corners. There's a guy on a Marauder forum with 20x10s up front and 20x11s out back.

We're happy to help!

The 10-inch all around may actually work as long as you don't go really wide with the tires. Are you still running the factory wheels? If so, the 19x10 +56 will sit ~0.75-inch further out towards the fender and ~1.25-inches closer towards the suspension. You can use these dimensions to verify tolerances.

As for machining the mounting pad, 10-15mm is aggressive. As rule of thumb, 3mm is the max amount of material that can be safely taken off the mounting pad.

Last edited:

DaddyusMaximus

Established Member
Thanks. I'll research tires some more for the 10" option. Having 4 of the same will allow for rotations to help them last longer.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks. I'll research tires some more for the 10" option. Having 4 of the same will allow for rotations to help them last longer.

Great point.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance with this fitment; looking forward to seeing the end result!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread