offroad x & mils. *PROBLEM*

allibabu

is my s/n
Established Member
i've had nothing but bad luck with my offroad x. i've got a dr gas x... and i first had steeda mils... worked for like a day.... the light came on..... had it reflashed.....1 week later... light came back on. sold the mils and got some from dallas mustang maybe thinking the mils were bad.... same ****ing thing. would never stay off. had it checked and i had a slow reading on the right side rear... bought all new o2 sensors for the rear... to eliminate future problems with the left side rear.... still have the same problem.. i have NO idea what's wrong... i've exhausted all the options i can think off. anybody else hear of this problem... i'd be interested to hear opinions on the problem. oh yeah, i'm still using the stock headers. :cuss:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Check again and see if it is the same code. If it is, you can try swapping sensors from side to side and see if the code follows. Another possibility is a damaged connector or lines (not the connectors on the o2s, but the connectors that lead back to the computer)

green99_svt

Established Member
put some dielectric grease in the connectors, the aftermarket pins dont offer a tight connection the grease will take up the slack and should take care of it. mine had the same isssue

RioRed4v

Established Member
tried using no mils?

when i had the dr. gas, and every other midpipe on my car, i havent had any mils, and dont have any problems.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
My only question would be why you were getting codes after having it reflashed, by which I assume you mean a tuner that could turn off the rear o2 sensors.

allibabu

is my s/n
Established Member
lemosley01 said:
My only question would be why you were getting codes after having it reflashed, by which I assume you mean a tuner that could turn off the rear o2 sensors.

i don't know what kind of tuner it was... it definitely wasn't a small handheld... it looked almost like a small laptop.. about the size of the new handheld computer you have to sign when ups delivers. i really don't know what it is... i may try that grease thing that the other guy was talking about... as long as it wouldn't do anything serious. after it's reflashed back to normal... it's just a matter of time... sometime the same day, or 1-2 days later... and once even a week later... the stupid check engine light comes back on.

Users who are viewing this thread