Offroad pipe question

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Roush TVS s/c 5.0 vert auto. It has the 82mm pulley, CJ Throttle body, JDM tune (switching to VMP soon) and it dynoed at 520rwhp and 474rwtq. That seems kinda low to me and was looking for ways to increase power.

I live in a country with very strict noise laws, I haven't even installed my Roush axlebacks. I want to install an offroad mid-pipe. I heard the Lethal X with stock axleback on YT and it sounds like crap.

I need something not too loud and has more flow, what are my options? Haven't heard the o/r H with the stock axle back in videos other than SVTP's test so can't really judge. It can be deeper and even a little bit more loud but not too much.

I also have a JLT Plastic Big Air waiting to be installed with the pipe after I order the tune from VMP.

I'm just a little mad cause I got waxed by an SLS AMG today by a good margin. I should've known the dude was packin' after I saw his GoPro , LOL :)

Sorry for rambling I'm about to go to bed, hopefully you guys can help.

Later,

-A.J.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
O/r X with gt500 axle backs and jpc over axle pipes would sound good and not be too loud IMO. Nice death, I need to start keeping my gopro in the car lol.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
GT500s and an O/R X is solid. Replace the crappy resonators with some 3 inch Bullets and it will tame it more , add low end and flow better.

89gt-stanger

Established Member
Running the following: stock headers, BBK cat delete, heart throb cat to axle, and GT500 cans. Could not get any better! I still has my stock axle back in which I welded in pipe to create a muffler delete...adding those back on creates a top-fuel esque sound lol

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
some clips would be good guys :) i don't think those combos would be quite enough.

I wonder if there's something I can add to make it even more quiet after the x-pipe and over axle pipes, hmmmm!

Man that SLS couldn't have been stock. Sounded mean as hell.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Is there any clip on the interwebz of a coyote with stock axle back and an off road h. I heard Lethal's clip of the stock a/b's with their x and wasn't impressed, sounded very tinny.

The GT500's with the X or H sound a bit too loud for my application as I've heard on youtube, so I don't know.

Decisions, decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread