Offroad H pipe Texas inspection pass?

Shelbygto2

Established Member
I have an offroad H pipe but I am worried I will not pass inspection if I put it on.

Anyone in Texas know if it would pass?

Rct851

Established Member
Some people pass others don't. AED told me some cars are more stubborn than others and that's basically it. Luckily most folks doing vehicle inspections don't make a whole ton of money so....

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Yup, Austin does a visual inspection(im sure you guys have the same thing) no cats, no pass.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
its hit or miss here, have had guys look and others that could care less...The lube type places are your best bet, the lube jockey|inspector in most cases is a kid that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. On the other hand a inspector at a real shop is also likely to be a mechanic.

Rct851

Established Member
Guy tried to do a visual on mine but gave up after it being too low for his mirror or his 65 year old knees lol

Hctr154

Ask some local Mustang, Camaro or Corvette guys....I'm sure somebody can point you in the right direction. Personally, I just keep an OEM h-pipe laying around just to pass.

george.arnold

Established Member
Any county that touches Dallas County or Harris County (Houston) will have an emissions test that must be passed for inspection. All other counties are a visual inspection. Visuals are usually easy to get by with an offroad mid-pipe, but those counties touching Dallas or Harris will typically not pass the emissions test.

TaraFirma

Established Member
If you're in an emissions controlled county they will plug the car into their machine and you are not allowed to have any more than two sensors unavailable (depending on the year) If your tune shuts off the back two sensors, you may not pass.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Im in Tarrant so maybe Ill get by...

I'm also in Ft. Worth, they will plug into the obdII and check for the sensors. It will depend on the shop you go to if they do a visual. I also agree that the lube places don't usually visually check.

george.arnold

Established Member

Attachments

• emis_counties.jpg
    emis_counties.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread