Official Titanfall thread XBOX One/PC (Too bad so sad PS4) :)

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Thought I would update the original post since beta is now open.

STANDBY FOR TITANFALL IN:

counter.gif

Anyone interested in putting their gamertag's up just let me know.
XBOX:
younggun04 - Kingcobra04
Proto - EpicProto
PudgeTheMidget - TwoLLamas1sheep
football76 - ChummyDonkey192
charba951 - Diki3BEPb
tcole42294 - Flashninja11
RKL71 - RKL71

PC:
mr2cam - mr2cam

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
I have opted in, game looks awesome, 2 hour long stream on IGN today for media's early release of the beta....

87hatchy

Established Member
It looks good. I applied for the beta but haven't been accepted yet. Apparently they are accepting people until the 17th so hopefully I can get in, just have to wait. I applied for PC

Catfood

Established Member
I played it at PAX very cool. Kinda like halo, but u can run up walls. I hope they work on the titans a lil I didn't like the interface.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Haven't received my code for PC. IDK, some people thought it played like COD. Saw some streaming vid's and….. looked… ok, nothing special.

Found out its a multiplayer only, thats a bit of a letdown, no story line whatsover. IMO this game had potential for SP.

People skip the SP on most shooters because its crap from the get-go, make a good MP game with good SP and we will play it. Halo, COD4 anyone? Devs are getting lazier and putting less efford nowadays.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Haven't received my code for PC. IDK, some people thought it played like COD. Saw some streaming vid's and….. looked… ok, nothing special.

Found out its a multiplayer only, thats a bit of a letdown, no story line whatsover. IMO this game had potential for SP.

People skip the SP on most shooters because its crap from the get-go, make a good MP game with good SP and we will play it. Halo, COD4 anyone? Devs are getting lazier and putting less efford nowadays.

I guess you don't know the story behind this game do you? The Developer (respawn entertainment) was made by one of the co-founders of Infinity ward who are the creators of the call of duty franchise. After Call of duty 2 IW sold out to activitision and the money hungry company wanted to shit out a game every year. They gave the IW engine and call of duty rights to another studio (treyarch) so that they could develop 2 games at once and make twice as much money. This was the beginning of the end of COD IMO. Anyone that has play COD 3 can agree Treyarch was not up to par with IW with that game. MW1 proved the real developer of the game was IW the game was the best is series to this date. Then came WAW which was improved over COD3 but NOT over MW1. Then came MW2 which was probably the most popular in the franchise that game was the last true COD made. During the initial development of MW3 IW and activitsion had a falling out over bonuses that activistion refused to pay and also creative of differances of where they wanted the franchise to go with MW3. Since MW2 had issues at launch (which is VERY common now with these big companies pushing release on untested games) IW wanted to pushed dev times to 3 years instead of 2 which would effect activistion's bottom line so they denied the very people who made the franchise there own creative control. 2 of the 3 founders (Vince Zampella and Jason West) then left the very company they built along with 50% of the staff. They later formed Respawn and signed a publishing ONLY deal with EA so they could ensure they retained creative control of then next game they would make (titanfall). This is why you see every COD game made by IW is recycled junk because they had no real vision from the original creators and also why treyarch makes a better COD now because they have had more experience with the franchise. IMO BO2 was the best in series since MW2.

So if people say titanfall has COD a mechanics feel they are right. But I bet it is more polished and refined than any COD since MW2. I for one don't think that is a bad thing at all since any fan of COD has been waiting for then next step in gameplay and this game will be it. From what i have seen from streams the game seems fresh and fun. They nailed it with using the source engine as well because it is one of the most polished and refined engines out for FPS's. The reason there is no single player is that Respawn is a start up company and this is their first game. They wanted to make the game MP focused to give their supporters the best MP experience they can offer. In a interview vince said if they added single player it would have added another year of dev time bringing the total to 5 years. They made to call to release the game MP with SP elements in it to give you the best of both. I for one could give a shit about single player since I haven't beat one since Halo 3 (the last real halo BTW) and most FPS fans would agree no one plays is except casuals and kids anyway.

So if you watched this game and thought it was "OK" then you must think EVERY COD is terrible because there is way more to this game that any recent COD has offered and comes more polished and is made by a company who actually cares about quality not how many games they can release every year. I bet you any money Titanfall 2 will not even be on the radar for another 1 year or 2 and we will see another 2 COD, BF, and halo's by then I am sure.

Also look at the name of this game itself? "TITAN" fall? and they going after the titan that is COD. i don't think it is a coincidence lol and even though the premise of the game is different they know full and well they will be stealing A LOT of fan base from that franchise no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Havent gotten my key yet. I am really hoping they release a Xbox One Titanfall bundle. It doesnt make sense that they release a Titatfall controller with graphics on it and not a corresponding Xbox. Guess we will see in the next 2 weeks if one is released or not but cant wait none the less

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I guess you don't know the story behind this game do you? The Developer (respawn entertainment) was made by one of the co-founders of Infinity ward who are the creators of the call of duty franchise. After Call of duty 2 IW sold out to activitision and the money hungry company wanted to shit out a game every year. They gave the IW engine and call of duty rights to another studio (treyarch) so that they could develop 2 games at once and make twice as much money. This was the beginning of the end of COD IMO. Anyone that has play COD 3 can agree Treyarch was not up to par with IW with that game. MW1 proved the real developer of the game was IW the game was the best is series to this date. Then came WAW which was improved over COD3 but NOT over MW1. Then came MW2 which was probably the most popular in the franchise that game was the last true COD made. During the initial development of MW3 IW and activitsion had a falling out over bonuses that activistion refused to pay and also creative of differances of where they wanted the franchise to go with MW3. Since MW2 had issues at launch (which is VERY common now with these big companies pushing release on untested games) IW wanted to pushed dev times to 3 years instead of 2 which would effect activistion's bottom line so they denied the very people who made the franchise there own creative control. 2 of the 3 founders (Vince Zampella and Jason West) then left the very company they built along with 50% of the staff. They later formed Respawn and signed a publishing ONLY deal with EA so they could ensure they retained creative control of then next game they would make (titanfall). This is why you see every COD game made by IW is recycled junk because they had no real vision from the original creators and also why treyarch makes a better COD now because they have had more experience with the franchise. IMO BO2 was the best in series since MW2.

So if people say titanfall has COD a mechanics feel they are right. But I bet it is more polished and refined than any COD since MW2. I for one don't think that is a bad thing at all since any fan of COD has been waiting for then next step in gameplay and this game will be it. From what i have seen from streams the game seems fresh and fun. They nailed it with using the source engine as well because it is one of the most polished and refined engines out for FPS's. The reason there is no single player is that Respawn is a start up company and this is their first game. They wanted to make the game MP focused to give their supporters the best MP experience they can offer. In a interview vince said if they added single player it would have added another year of dev time bringing the total to 5 years. They made to call to release the game MP with SP elements in it to give you the best of both. I for one could give a shit about single player since I haven't beat one since Halo 3 (the last real halo BTW) and most FPS fans would agree no one plays is except casuals and kids anyway.

So if you watched this game and thought it was "OK" then you must think EVERY COD is terrible because there is way more to this game that any recent COD has offered and comes more polished and is made by a company who actually cares about quality not how many games they can release every year. I bet you any money Titanfall 2 will not even be on the radar for another 1 year or 2 and we will see another 2 COD, BF, and halo's by then I am sure.

Also look at the name of this game itself? "TITAN" fall? and they going after the titan that is COD. i don't think it is a coincidence lol and even though the premise of the game is different they know full and well they will be stealing A LOT of fan base from that franchise no doubt about it.
I was full aware of the story behind IW and know about it. I was a big COD fan and hated the Treyarch games, noticed I praised COD 4? The reason why I put Halo is because, lets be honest, they made a fun SP and obviously a great MP as well. Is it the best? Of course not but they made it happen with both. Same praise from COD 4 in that aspect. I gave up on COD after BOPS 1.

My thing about "playing" like COD is not negative nor positive, same goes for the viewing of it since I have yet to play it. Thats why I said it looked ok. I just hope the feel of it is the only thing similar to COD, im expecting new fresh mechanics/gameplay. Last thing I want is a rehash of the same ol COD games with Titan's in it.

I still look forward to it, just received my code for PC as well so best believe I will be on it today.

Last edited:

SteveChris

Established Member
Just applied for PC.
I am building a new PC this weekend and this game was on my radar.

Looked like fun from what i saw online

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
got my pc beta key. also don't see the hype, but will try it out tonight to see if the game is worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread