Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Great job. Wow, the paint looks amazing.

It reminds me of my old car....(sniff)

Thanks Henry! The overall paint job came out better this time around. I need to let it dry for a few days. Then I can paint the lower rear bumper flat black and then spray the rear bumper letters replica chrome. I'll keep posting pictures as I progress.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I guess Dave forgot he already sent a thank you note. In this one he hints that it could actually make it on an episode of the show. SWEET!!!!

Kindig Thank you note 2.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I know everyone likes to look at the pretty pictures, but this is part of the process sometimes. While working on the MC Vert I found some flaws in the door and hood (trash/dust in the clear. It happens). However, when I tried to fix it I ended up sanding through the clear because the flaw was that deep. So, starting over on the door and hood. These areas are so small that spot painting will not be noticed in the grand scheme of things.

I have a lot of projects right now (57 for my dad's B-day, old school Border Patrol Caprice for coworker, NM State Police Challenger for a coworker and HPlouis MC Vert). I also received a request from another member to build a SM coupe. So, this hobby is keeping me busy.

Set backs do not help, but I want to ensure this MC Vert is done right and I'm using new products to improve the overall quality of the build (i.e. decals and emblems). Hopefully HPLouis will be pleased and feel it was worth the wait.

mc 24.JPG

mc 23.JPG

mc 22.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, speaking of set backs, I have had to paint my Dad's car 3 times now. The first time I tried to paint a blue pinstripe around the outside of the flames and the paint pen I used did not cooperate:mad:. It came out looking like a 5 year old painted the lines. Also, I was not completely happy with how my old airbrush sprayed. The pattern was too wide and did not allow me to get the detail as fine as I wanted on the flame work.

So, I stripped the car back to bare metal and started over. However, I got in a rush and ended up not prepping the car properly. So, after I painted it white I applied the tape to the paint, drew the flames and then cut the flames out. When I went to pull the tape off to expose the area I wanted to airbrush the paint ripped off with the tape and went back to bare metal :mad:.

Then I took a step back and decided to do it right instead of fast. So, I stripped the whole car again. Then I applied self etching primer, high build primer and then a primer sealer. While I was doing all this I ordered a new airbrush that could paint fine detail work. Once the airbrush arrived I painted the car white and then applied the tape, drew the flames and then cut them out. I pulled the tape off to expose the area I wanted to paint and voila, success :D......

Now it was time to paint. The new airbrush works fantastically and allowed me to achieve a better result than the first try. I guess the third time truly is the charm :D.

Sorry for the long explanation, but wanted to write it up in case anyone was curious as to the process or if someone else is interested in trying their hand at this hobby.

Here is the car so you can see how the flames are laid out.
57 1.JPG

This is my first attempt. You can see the yellow near the door does not fade into the orange like on my Dad's car.
57 Body in flames.JPG

Okay, here is my third attempt using my new airbrush. You can see the yellow at the door is more inline with my Dad's car and fades into the orange more like the paint job on my Dad's car. Also, the yellow on top of the fenders goes into the orange on the flame and, again, looks more like the paint job on my Dad's car.

Yes, there are some spots where the yellow bled onto the white, but I can touch that up using my new airbrush with ease. Overall, this has been one hell of an under taking for me, but I am more than pleased with the end results. I think it will look bad@$$ once it is clear coated.
57 3.JPG

57 6.JPG

57 7.JPG

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Glenn, I am still following this thread and I am still amazed by your work. Can't wait to see the next one.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn, I am still following this thread and I am still amazed by your work. Can't wait to see the next one.

Thanks Paul!!! Really appreciate the feedback and kind words. I'm getting ready to finish up that MC Vert and then start on another SM coupe for a member here. However, I have branched out as people at work are wanting cars and I'm starting to get back into the Muscle Machines as they are very easy to take apart and they make a nice canvas for painting.

Thanks again for chiming in.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

Got the MC back in paint and clear coat this past weekend. Painted base coat on Saturday and sprayed the clear after everyone got their Easter stuff LOL.

Came out looking really nice. I'll let it dry a few days and then I'll start reassembly. It still has a long way to go (smoke headlights, paint rear bumper letters chrome and lower valance black, add new style emblems and then put it all back together). However, since the paint is done it should start to go back together quicker now.

mc 29.JPG

mc 30.JPG

mc 27.JPG

mc 28.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I also clear coated my Dad's birthday gift the same time I clear coated the MC Vert.

I'm more than pleased with the results.

NOTE: All the colors on this car are Cobra colors (OW, SY, CO and TR :D)....

57 9.JPG

57 10.JPG

57 8.JPG

57 12.JPG

57 11.JPG

57 15.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, did some work on the MC Vert last night. Got the bumper painted (lower valance flat black and letters simulated chrome). I also installed the new metal "SVT" emblem. Man, does it look sweet :D:cool: (In one of the close up pics it looks crooked, but trust me it's not). It's hard to see it (because it's small and camera couldn't capture it), but in the last pic the lighting was right and it came out.

Any thoughts?

mc 31.JPG

mc 32.JPG

mc 34.JPG

mc 33.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It doesn't look crooked to me. It looks good Glenn.

Thanks Bob! For some reason in the last pic it looks off to me, but it's not. Glad you see it right. Thanks for your feedback Bob!!!

Looks great. That paint came out nice. It makes the car look wet

Thanks Todd! Yeah, that House of Kolor clear I use comes out looking really good. I'm just hoping the owner likes it as much as you guys!!!

Thanks again brothers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread