02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
No rush bud. Hope you and your family have a great thanks giving

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No sir. No rush at all. Boss was kind enough to give me Friday off. So, 4 day weekend for me .

Hoping to strip the coupes on Friday, prime and shoot base coat Saturday and clear on Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well brother!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay got a few more items completed. Need to let everything dry, so I'm done for tonight. I'll finish it up on Friday.

62bd6cf659c64b165a886d13f8849d54.jpg

b15118ae76927989d0c99c6b24e05d1d.jpg

6a16c90d3c508ccca08b0cb3a5a0344d.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
This is so cool. You even painted the plate on it.

Is the paint shiny (glossy) like a regular car? Do you sell it with the original box, packaging? I'm interested in your Mystichrome vert and I sent you a PM.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

Is the paint shiny (glossy) like a regular car? Do you sell it with the original box, packaging? I'm interested in your Mystichrome vert and I sent you a PM.

His cars look like the real thing. The paint looks like It went through Ford's production line. You won't find anyone who has as much attention to detail or does a good of a job as Glenn when it comes to these things. Buy one man, they're cool to display.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
As TK1299 posted you won’t be disappointed. I love mine it’s on display in a case in my man cave in the basement. I’m so happy I didn’t just buy a regular maisto color just to stick down here. Glenn does awesome work and keeps you up to date on what’s going on. You will not be disappointed. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Hello HP,

PM Replied too. Yes these cars are as shinny if not shinnier than the original paint used on your Cobra. I use automotive paint using the exact paint code for your car. So, on a MC I use automotive paint code G6.

I take the cars completely apart and strip them down to the metal. I prime them and then seal them. On MC I spray black base coat the G6 base coat and then I replace all the decals (i.e. the third brake light, Cobras, SVT trunk and Ford trunk emblem) I also add any requests such as your plate then I clear coat the car with House of Kolor clear.

So, the process is involved and the materials are just as good if not better than Maisto. Therefore, the end product is of high quality.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
His cars look like the real thing. The paint looks like It went through Ford's production line. You won't find anyone who has as much attention to detail or does a good of a job as Glenn when it comes to these things. Buy one man, they're cool to display.

As TK1299 posted you won’t be disappointed. I love mine it’s on display in a case in my man cave in the basement. I’m so happy I didn’t just buy a regular maisto color just to stick down here. Glenn does awesome work and keeps you up to date on what’s going on. You will not be disappointed. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd and Patrick,

I cannot thank you enough for your VERY kind words. It means a lot to me that you guys had a very positive experience and you're pleased with your purchase and the product. I know these things are not cheap and you are paying top dollar. So, I try to ensure you're happy with every aspect of your purchase.

Thank you for telling others your thoughts on my builds. I'm no professional, but I take pride in my work and I want to ensure you're completely satisfied with the end result.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Awesome work! How do these compare material wise to the Maisto's?

Thank you!!!

I believe it's just as good if not better as I use automotive paint and clear coat. I use the paint code of the Cobra (i.e. 04 Screaming Yellow is D6) and then I use house of color clear. All decals are created using a Laser Jet color printer. I add them to the base coat and then clear coat over the top of them so the decals are sealed and will never peal.

Due to the materials I use these cars are not cheap, but I feel you get a high quality product worthy of display.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
+1, The car looks just like a smaller version of the real thing. Great attention to detail, minus the factory orange peel!
Would do again. Now you just need to find me a '13 GT500 Glenn.

Thanks Doug!!! I appreciate your comments kind sir!!! LOL, I'm not even sure Maisto or other brand makes a 13 GT500 LOL. If they did you know I would help you out!!!

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member

Looking forward to a picture with both plates shown. A personal touch that I'm glad you were able to accommodate Glenn!
b987b31ecdfc02d18f34b26a15f0b980.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Awesome work! How do these compare material wise to the Maisto's?
I don't know how the Maistos normally look, but the model I got from Glenn is awesome. I have a pic somewhere of the model sitting on my blower at a show the paint on both cars is exactly the same.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread