Sap

Established Member
Apple just announced it today:

appletabletb339.jpg

appletabletb334.jpg

Gizmodo Liveblog

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i'll be honest, the device is a terrible design...what are you going to do, type all thumbs? thats gonna suck on that huge device. your only other alternative is to type with it on a stand which wouldnt work with wrist movement....or lay it flat on a table and try and type and see on a flat table

netbooks, notebooks, tablets up until now....they all keep the screen and keyboard on two different surfaces....them being on the same surface is stupid

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
i'll be honest, the device is a terrible design...what are you going to do, type all thumbs? thats gonna suck on that huge device. your only other alternative is to type with it on a stand which wouldnt work with wrist movement....or lay it flat on a table and try and type and see on a flat table

netbooks, notebooks, tablets up until now....they all keep the screen and keyboard on two different surfaces....them being on the same surface is stupid

From what they showed, Steve Jobs put the Ipad on his lap and started typing on it like a regular keyboard. :shrug:. Personally I could careless about the Ipad and would rather just have a laptop. They have showed pictures of someone using it like a graphics tablet, which would be cool. But then again, how much is the sucker gonna go for?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
From what they showed, Steve Jobs put the Ipad on his lap and started typing on it like a regular keyboard. :shrug:. Personally I could careless about the Ipad and would rather just have a laptop. They have showed pictures of someone using it like a graphics tablet, which would be cool. But then again, how much is the sucker gonna go for?

as one article said

"Pen-based tablet computers have been tried over the past decade with little consumer success, although they have made inroads in the business world."

its not even pen based. sure you can put it in your lap and type on it....sit down at your computer, and stare at the keyboard and see how comfortable that neck position is

its a good device for an e-reader or maybe for UPS to capture my signature on for a shipment, but for an everyday device, the touch screen is stupid

apple SHOULD have built a 8" macbook air and sold it for $499....now THAT would have been a huge hit

Sap

Established Member
I think this was more a Media machine than a laptop replacement.

(Correction: No Flash Support initially, so no Hulu, ESPN.com and others)

- Watch Movies, wireless N for Netflix, blockbuster, etc.
- Listen to Music
- Browse the web
- Play games, apparently you can run most app-store iphone games
- Facebook, Myspace, SVTPForums, Youtube, etc.

Think of this as a 2010 PSP with a big screen weighing only 1.5lbs.

With Google Docs it could easily be a word processor/spreadsheet tool.

Might be worth 699.

Last edited:

ender.

Established Member
I want one.

And there was already an official thread that we had going leading up to this announcement...

65fastback2+2

Established Member
see, apple even knows the typing surface issue I was talking about, check this out:

apple-tablet-keynote_188.jpg

instead of being able to carry a laptop and open it and go....now you can carry a laptop thats 2 pieces and you have to assemble....its like a lego computer

Users who are viewing this thread