OFFICIAL 96-98 ENGINE TAG info thread

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I have a question for all the 1997 Cobra owners.I'd like to know at what point in the later Run did they start putting the Metal Tags on instead of the Hand Signed ones,I know my 97 was built in Jan' of 97 and I have the Ink Signed Tag.My guess is they started putting the Metal ones on the last of the 97's,so if you have a 97 with a Metal Tag put up your Build Number.I wish my 97 came with the Metal Tag,even though the Names still look Good on my Hand Signed Tag I know over time the Names will finally fade away.It sure would be nice if SVT offered a Replacement Engine Builder Tag in the Metal.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^
If you look at the list, you will see that someone mentioned there 97 had a metal tag. There's was made in 6/97. One of the verts mentioned a paper tag which was 4/97.

Somewhere between april and June they must've swapped.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
^^^
If you look at the list, you will see that someone mentioned there 97 had a metal tag. There's was made in 6/97. One of the verts mentioned a paper tag which was 4/97.

Somewhere between april and June they must've swapped.

<--- 1997 with metal tag built in June.

Mustang Buster

Established Member
Here is mine:

1998 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible / Black Leather / Black Top (Mustang Buster)
1. 12/17/1997
2. 476 of 3480 (1 of 224 BAB Verts)
3. Paul Woumsbacher / Dane Snider (not 100% on those name spellings though)

Thanks!:beer:

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
1996 Crystal White/Black Leather

1.) 12/20/1995
2.) 2496 of 7496
3.) no build plate due to the previous owner removing it

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
1996 Crystal White/Black Leather

1.) 12/20/1995
2.) #2759 of 7496
3.) no build plate due to the previous owner removing it

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Has anyone looked at the Blank Metal Replacement Enging Build Tags on E-Bay?There not Ford OEM,but there pretty nice looking.I won one of them for $17.00,and I'm pretty happy with it.All I need to do is have my Builders Names traced,and take it to a Trophey Place to have the Names Engraved on it.For those who don't have a Builder Tag,or for those with Ink Signed Tags these are a great to have...

Jon96cobra

Established Member
Has anyone looked at the Blank Metal Replacement Enging Build Tags on E-Bay?There not Ford OEM,but there pretty nice looking.I won one of them for $17.00,and I'm pretty happy with it.All I need to do is have my Builders Names traced,and take it to a Trophey Place to have the Names Engraved on it.For those who don't have a Builder Tag,or for those with Ink Signed Tags these are a great to have...

Can you post a link or some pics of them?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I bought this car from a member on here, but didn't see it listed in your first post so I'll give you the info.

1997 Black/Black leather
11/26/96
#2308 of 6961
Henson/T. Steward

Looks like I have a paper tag as well... damn lol I wanted a metal one.

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Lets keep this thread focused on the topic. Start a new thread for ther discussions please.

Those who provided me with complete info have been added to the list (DVJ
38 and Bobbys97r)

Thanks guys, keep them coming.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread