Official 2023 College Football Season thread

beau t

Established Member
If Texas gets left out in favor of Bama, I'll storm the Sugar Bowl with you. It will be the biggest load of BS.

You know damn well there will be an SEC team in the playoff...someonenis gonna get ****ed...they always do in favor of the SEC...shit wasnt that long ago an sec team lost the champ game and bam still in yhe playoffs...
Yeah its all about the SEC oh wait where was all the outrage when they put Michigan and OSU in last year - - - JPRO why didn't you want to storm any bowls in protest then???

VegasMichael

Established Member
I'm going MICH, WASH, FSU.
TX or BAMA for the last spot is a tough one. Ask yourself which was more impressive: TX beating BAMA or BAMA beating Whoregia? I say BAMA's win. And which was a worse loss: TX losing to OK or BAMA losing to TX? I say TX losing to OK was worse.
Therefore: I say BAMA gets the fourth slot.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
No SEC Team should be in the CFP if Little Blue and Free Shoe U win!

Rocky Top FOREVER!!!!!
I hope the female is just a guest.

My guess is both Texas and FSU get the shaft in favor of the expected two spot SEC love fest. Using the logic of Alabama for the spot, both Texas and Ohio State also deserve the last spot.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I didn't bet. I never do on Michigan, even though I usually guess pretty good against the spread.

Texas did something else Michigan, Washington and FSU didn't do. Lost a game.

They have 2 options:

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

If they're hell bent on putting an SEC team in they have to put Texas in too. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of pissed off Seminole fans.
As a Bama fan I believe Bama could beat a few of them teams today. But it doesn’t work that way. M,W, F, T should be in.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
TX or BAMA for the last spot is a tough one. Ask yourself which was more impressive: TX beating BAMA or BAMA beating Whoregia? I say BAMA's win. And which was a worse loss: TX losing to OK or BAMA losing to TX? I say TX losing to OK was worse.
TEXAS vs OK is a rivalry game that many outside of Texas/Oklahoma simply do not comprehend. AFAIK its the only CFB game played on neutral ground. I don’t care if OU wins any other games in the season as long as they beat UT. I imagine many UT fans feel the same damn way. UT deserves to be in CFB playiff, their one loss to Oklahoma was in game where all f’n bets are off. The fact remains UT beat Bama and won the Big12 conference to boot. They should get the nod with that win over Bama. That Bama squad played a helluva of game against Georgia, too bad that exact same squad (personnel wise) didn’t show up against UT.

I don’t think any of us are a big fan of the current CFB format.. wish there was a wild card game.. I would love to see UT and Bama play again and see who wants it the most.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
TEXAS vs OK is a rivalry game that many outside of Texas/Oklahoma simply do not comprehend. AFAIK its the only CFB game played on neutral ground. I don’t care if OU wins any other games in the season as long as they beat UT. I imagine many UT fans feel the same damn way. UT deserves to be in CFB playiff, their one loss to Oklahoma was in game where all f’n bets are off. The fact remains UT beat Bama and won the Big12 conference to boot. They should get the nod with that win over Bama. That Bama squad played a helluva of game against Georgia, too bad that exact same squad didn’t show up against UT.
I'm looking at the selection scenario from a total picture view. At the time TX lost to OK we only had a partial picture of how good each team was since the season was still young. Now we have a full picture and OK has lost twice and is ranked #12 and BAMA bumped off Georgia who hadn't lost in like 29 games. TX beat OK St. who was so-so this year. TX is ranked 7 and BAMA 8. BAMA's victory yesterday will propel them past TX in the rankings I believe.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm looking at the selection scenario from a total picture view. At the time TX lost to OK we only had a partial picture of how good each team was since the season was still young. Now we have a full picture and OK has lost twice and is ranked #12 and BAMA bumped off Georgia who hadn't lost in like 29 games. TX beat OK St. who was so-so this year. TX is ranked 7 and BAMA 8. BAMA's victory yesterday will propel them past TX in the rankings I believe.
I see your point, but I doubt it. Just because Bama may have not played to their potential against UT, doesn’t mean they should leap frog UT into the CFB playoffs.. They are the same exact team personnel wise that played UT. Truth be told Bama has looked pretty shakey this season even though they won out and played a helluva game against Georgia..too bad Georgia didn’t step on the gas till it was too late.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that logic ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Just last year the CFP Committee SHOWED it's LOVE for Bama...even though Tennessee WHIPPED THEY AZZ!!!!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yeah its all about the SEC oh wait where was all the outrage when they put Michigan and OSU in last year - - - JPRO why didn't you want to storm any bowls in protest then???
I protested big 10 team that got in without a big10 championship...thats a automatic disqualifier in my book...thats twice a team that didnt win thier conference got in and it pissed me off both times

beau t

Established Member
I protested big 10 team that got in without a big10 championship...thats a automatic disqualifier in my book...thats twice a team that didnt win thier conference got in and it pissed me off both times
Just saw a opportunity to stir the pot so i thought i would take it lol.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Since im a big10 fan...

I think UM looked better without harbough the last few weeks lol

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Luckily this is the last year of the four team playoff because no matter who they pick there are gonna be a couple of really good teams left out. You could throw a dart at any of the one loss power five teams and make a case for them getting into the playoff.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Don't be a Bammer. Texas beat Bama by 10 in Tuscaloosa. Both are 1 loss conference champs and both are 3-1 vs. top 25 teams. Again, on the field, at Bama, Texas was a double digit winner and the game wasn't even that close. Playing the games count.

Last year there was no head to head to compare OSU to the #5 team. This year, Texas literally beat Bama by double digits in their house. Like it or not, Texas proved to be better.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Luckily this is the last year of the four team playoff because no matter who they pick there are gonna be a couple of really good teams left out. You could throw a dart at any of the one loss power five teams and make a case for them getting into the playoff.
Right. If you ask Vegas right now, they will tell you that its UGA/Bama/Michigan/OSU vs. the field, yet 3 of those teams aren't getting in. If you had to lay money on any of these 4 vs. Washington, FSU, etc. you would take the Dogs/Tide/Skunks/Bucks. The only team that is an outlier is Texas. Their roster is loaded and they have looked great the last few weeks, plus they beat Bama on the road by 10. Maybe Texas is the best team.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
OUR FINAL FOUR .............

MICH, WASH, FLORIDA ST and BAMA at the 4 spot.........TX is gonna get the wood!

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
AND YOUR SOON TO BE 2024 CHAMPS.................

michigan-football-pictures-dpbj7sjjvnbfueo7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread