Official 2023 College Football Season thread

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
OSU lost more than Michigan won that game. I just enjoy the class in which Michigan and its fans conduct themselves...LOL Damn Walmart hillbillies. Seriously, it is laughable.

I did not end up betting Michigan ML; would have doubled my money but oh well. And I still wish I placed some money on Bama to win the Natty after they lost to Texas. I wonder what the odds were. I'm kicking myself!

So it looks like the playoffs will be:
Michigan
SEC Champ (most likely UGA)
PAC Champ (Oregon or Washington)
Texas if they win next week

It gets really sticky if Texas loses...not sure what happens then. I'm happy the PAC game is here in Vegas on Friday. I plan to attend with my son. We go every year. Should be a great one!
There are some wild ones no doubt :ROFLMAO:.........not all thou. But we are die hards and love our Maize -n- Blue. Even during our down years. Nobody stays on top all the time.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
OSU lost more than Michigan won that game. I just enjoy the class in which Michigan and its fans conduct themselves...LOL Damn Walmart hillbillies. Seriously, it is laughable.

I did not end up betting Michigan ML; would have doubled my money but oh well. And I still wish I placed some money on Bama to win the Natty after they lost to Texas. I wonder what the odds were. I'm kicking myself!

So it looks like the playoffs will be:
Michigan
SEC Champ (most likely UGA)
PAC Champ (Oregon or Washington)
Texas if they win next week

It gets really sticky if Texas loses...not sure what happens then. I'm happy the PAC game is here in Vegas on Friday. I plan to attend with my son. We go every year. Should be a great one!

I expect better from you.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Deciphering opponent's signs is what all teams want to do. Leave it to the ncaa to make a mtn out of a molehill.
It actually is NOT against the NCAA rules to steal the signs. The issue with Michigan was that the guy video taped the games - you can steal the signs, but you can't do it with video. His use of video was 'the crime of the century' apparently.

If the NCAA wants to avoid this crap they just need to do what the NFL does. Put radio transceivers in the quarterback's helmet and send the play in that way. No sign stealing then.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
It actually is NOT against the NCAA rules to steal the signs. The issue with Michigan was that the guy video taped the games - you can steal the signs, but you can't do it with video. His use of video was 'the crime of the century' apparently.

If the NCAA wants to avoid this crap they just need to do what the NFL does. Put radio transceivers in the quarterback's helmet and send the play in that way. No sign stealing then.
Will a team watch film of a future opponent?

The NCAA is as "consistent" as our government.

It seems as if another issue is with people involved with the team scouting future opponents at their venue.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I was taught a very early age to never judge people. Some of the best people I surround myself with come from all differnt walks in life.....color, race, religion and financial status . I can see we all dont have quality core values in this thread. SAD!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
How on earth can Georgia still be ranked #1 after a pathetic win against non ranked team. I CALL BS!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
LOL did you hear Roman Wilson after the game talking shit about Marvin Harrison? Marv is a baller and will be a bonafide NFL star. Planting the flag on the Bock O last year, etc. etc. etc. Win with class, lose with class. Michigan is so new to winning that they don't know how to act. That's my assessment.

That said, Michigan made 1 or 2 more plays than OSU did, and OSU made 1 or 2 mistakes they couldn't make (the two INTs). Evenly matched game between two really good teams.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
LOL did you hear Roman Wilson after the game talking shit about Marvin Harrison? Marv is a baller and will be a bonafide NFL star. Planting the flag on the Bock O last year, etc. etc. etc. Win with class, lose with class. Michigan is so new to winning that they don't know how to act. That's my assessment.

That said, Michigan made 1 or 2 more plays than OSU did, and OSU made 1 or 2 mistakes they couldn't make (the two INTs). Evenly matched game between two really good teams.

You ready to dump Day for Meyer? Or Tressel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Im so glad that those fans from that team down south can pounder being LOSERS AGAIN for another 364 days.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They never stop crying LMAO!!!

71DA6z3tfBL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
[UGA] struggled against lowly Geogia Tech.
The box score doesn't define the games of rivalry week. A one or two possession W against your rival (except when talking about Notre Dame because they have like 4 rivals, pick a ****ing conference already) is nowhere near the same thing as a one or two possession W against an unranked (non rival) opponent in the middle of the season.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

Multiple NFL teams have been accused of hacking, to either receive and/or jam, those radio signals you speak of.

If there's a will, a dollar, or a W to be earned, there's a way.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
How on earth can Georgia still be ranked #1 after a pathetic win against non ranked team. I CALL BS!

Because they've won 29 games in a row and 2 titles. Should the previous 2 years matter? No, but they do to the pollsters. Their best wins this year were Ole Miss and Missouri. Michigan's were OSU and PSU. OSU would beat the brakes off of both of those teams. PSU would probably beat them too. Oh well, beat Iowa and we're in.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Im calling it peeps.......Bama is going to knock off overated GA........Oregon is gonna knock off washington and that team from down south is going to watch us win another Big Ten Championship......... AGAIN.......:ROFLMAO:

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Because they've won 29 games in a row and 2 titles. Should the previous 2 years matter? No, but they do to the pollsters. Their best wins this year were Ole Miss and Missouri. Michigan's were OSU and PSU. OSU would beat the brakes off of both of those teams. PSU would probably beat them too. Oh well, beat Iowa and we're in.

I know they sat 4 starters on offense, the 3 top receivers plus starting guard, and I believe it was 3 starters on D out. I believe that was part of the issue on edge containment. Couple that with 2 touchdowns being called back on phantom penalties and the fact they otherwise let both teams just play and there you have it. Could have punched it in at the end of the fourth I guess to go up by 2 scores but did it really matter?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Really? Butthurt over simple "they're not tough" comments? Woody Hayes going for 2 late in blowout wins, Michigan kicking a FG late in a blowout win. This shit started in the 40's. Acting like OSU is just pure class in this rivalry is pretty funny.

Those weren't just mistakes by OSU. Johnson jumped that slant route perfectly. Harrell was right in McCord's face which forced the 2nd one. The rest was Michigan running it when they needed to. Did you know the last 22 times in a row the team with the most rushing yards won the game? Pretty astounding.

You're right about the good game between evenly matched teams. We already played the best team we're going to face all year.

The box score doesn't define the games of rivalry week. A one or two possession W against your rival (except when talking about Notre Dame because they have like 4 rivals, pick a ****ing conference already) is nowhere near the same thing as a one or two possession W against an unranked (non rival) opponent in the middle of the season.

When a team is pretty decent yeah, but GT sucks. I know UGA was just coasting into the SEC championship game though. Bigger fish to fry.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I know they sat 4 starters on offense, the 3 top receivers plus starting guard, and I believe it was 3 starters on D out. I believe that was part of the issue on edge containment. Couple that with 2 touchdowns being called back on phantom penalties and the fact they otherwise let both teams just play and there you have it. Could have punched it in at the end of the fourth I guess to go up by 2 scores but did it really matter?

I didn't even mention that game.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't even mention that game.

Just backing your assertion on why it matters to the pollsters and also why that 29th win happened the way it did. We’ll see how much that plays into final rankings win or lose for several teams. Those who show up every time they play in the CFP seem to get benefit of the doubt in the back of the voters minds.

Users who are viewing this thread