Official 2020 F1 thread

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, I guess we can start this off as testing has begun.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Mercedes has a toe-adjustment system attached to the steering wheel which moves it in or out based on whether the wheel is pushed or pulled. Giving them better tire degradation, the ability to cool the tires, the ability to heat the tires faster, and higher straight line speeds.

Mercedes 1-2.

Again.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Well, I guess we can start this off as testing has begun.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Mercedes has a toe-adjustment system attached to the steering wheel which moves it in or out based on whether the wheel is pushed or pulled. Giving them better tire degradation, the ability to cool the tires, the ability to heat the tires faster, and higher straight line speeds.

Mercedes 1-2.

Again.

Interesting looks like they'll let them use it this year but its banned next year on.

Coiled03

Established Member
This is a proper cockpit:

f1-manual-shifter.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
This is a proper cockpit:

View attachment 1625363

Okay Boomer.

J/P I feel you, sport is always going to be the cutting edge. Men were men back then but I think let them use what ever to go as fast as they can now. Wish it wasnt so regulated, I guess it's the only way to maintain a semblance of competition.

Get multiple tire manufacturers back?

Coiled03

Established Member
Okay Boomer.

J/P I feel you, sport is always going to be the cutting edge. Men were men back then but I think let them use what ever to go as fast as they can now. Wish it wasnt so regulated, I guess it's the only way to maintain a semblance of competition.

Get multiple tire manufacturers back?

I don't mind if they keep the tech. Just don't call it a "driver's championship" anymore. They barely even drive, now. They're more like pilots.

Ironically, eliminating the tech would bring back competition. More variety, and less tech in the cars would lead to more driver input, thus more unpredictability in the results. I'm in favor of multiple tire manufacturers, too. But the people who like to virtue signal about driver safety will shout that idea down.

awful knawful

Established Member
Pilots?
Lol
A good car makes a difference. A good driver does too. Look at the points spread between teammates.

Verstappen is the man. Put him in a better car and lights out!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Arrrrrggggg, like button but don't like. ****in-A, Kimmi bailed just in time. What an absolute shit show, Vettel probably kill for Kimmi's seat and Sauber/Alfa who ever they are right now.

THis season has Corona, getting worst and worst the last two years.

Ferrari is an absolute shit show... poorly managed team is a bigger problem then then the car...I Hope Vettel finds a decent ride elsewhere...at this rate just about anything would be an improvement.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ferrari has a tendency to destroy themselves.

It's insane that LeClerc was able to podium that absolute shit box.

Word has it Vettel is in talks with Aston, we will see though.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ferrari has a tendency to destroy themselves.

It's insane that LeClerc was able to podium that absolute shit box.

Word has it Vettel is in talks with Aston, we will see though.

I bet Sainz is regretting his move to Ferrari...and I also would not be surprised if he tries to back out of the deal before next season...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I bet Sainz is regretting his move to Ferrari...and I also would not be surprised if he tries to back out of the deal before next season...

I've thought about this a bit.

They will probably be a top 3 team next year again. Hell even later in the season they will probably have it more figured out than they do now. I mean they are a mid-field team right now, on a half billion dollar budget.

The weird thing about Ferrari is it seems like it's a goal for a large amount of the drivers, even though we have seen how toxic it can be to some pretty capable drivers. Obviously they pay well, but most of these guys came from enormous money. I understand the competitive nature of most of the drivers, wanting to be the best, but I frequently wonder about the vanity of some of them.

The Tifosi treats Ferrari drivers like Gods among men, I think a handful of them really like that. It's probably the equivalent to being LeBron in Cleveland a few years back. Everyone you see adores you, even if the team isn't performing (as long as you don't bad mouth Ferrari).

As a German champion in a German car, Nico probably gets less attention/respect if he walked into a bar in Hockenheim than Massa if he walked into one in Scuderia.

It's an instant catapult to the top of the food chain in Italy. Remember the celebration at Monza last year for LeClerc? Italians are passionate lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lewis is out with the 'rona.

George to take his place, I'm actually super excited for this race.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
George is looking pretty good so far in FP1.

It's weird to look at him sitting so high in the car. He is probably a solid 2" higher in that car than Lewis is.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, that was both a great race and a shitty one.

George has similar luck to Valterri, but he can at least pass cars.

Very happy for Checo, I'm actually hoping RedBull picks him up. Albon just isn't working out.

Users who are viewing this thread