Official 2020 college football thread who's winning it all if we get a playoff

utlong31

Established Member
Ohio State got flat out man handled. This should prove once and for all if you do not play a minimum of 10 games then you shouldn't be in the top 10 and diff. not the top 5. Ohio State after this should tell the Big 10 they from now on have a complete schedule or prepared to be sued. But you got to give it to Alabama on having almost a dream season for this year.

This. All I could think about was why should Ohio State be playing in the championship with only a 7 game season. Doesn’t make since to me. Glad Alabama handed it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
This. All I could think about was why should Ohio State be playing in the championship with only a 7 game season. Doesn’t make since to me. Glad Alabama handed it’s to them.

Simple for what ever reason the committee has a love fest for Ohio State and will do everything including bending backwards to make sure they are in it year after year after year. The other thing I been saying for the last 25 years Ohio State keeps playing barely above high school teams like Toledo, Buffalo, Kent ect ect ect. and blowing them out and if I was Day I would put my foot down and tell the Athletic Dept. You best scrap it and start going after quality opponents like Boston College, Mizzou, UCLA as I say playing the former year after year has hurt rather than help Ohio State when it comes to the play offs.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
So, OSU beating up on Clemson meant nothing to you guys? Bama was going to handle anyone with that team. Laughable that magically OSU didnt belong after last night, but I didnt hear that shit after the Clemson game. Sound logic and reasoning there guys. Haha.
Hats off to Bama's staff and players. Top notch, class acts as usual. Wish it would have been closer, but the Browns winning Sunday night and OSU hammer timing Clemson softened that ass beating a little.

utlong31

Established Member
So, OSU beating up on Clemson meant nothing to you guys? Bama was going to handle anyone with that team. Laughable that magically OSU didnt belong after last night, but I didnt hear that shit after the Clemson game. Sound logic and reasoning there guys. Haha.
Hats off to Bama's staff and players. Top notch, class acts as usual. Wish it would have been closer, but the Browns winning Sunday night and OSU hammer timing Clemson softened that ass beating a little.

Yes Alabama would have beaten anyone but as far as the OSU-Clemson game don’t you think OSU would be a much healthier team only playing in 6 games. If they had played 5-6 more there’s a lot that can happen with injuries and just the traveling alone can wear a team down. All I’m saying is it was a different year for college football but you can’t compare a team that played 12 games to one that played 7.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yes Alabama would have beaten anyone but as far as the OSU-Clemson game don’t you think OSU would be a much healthier team only playing in 6 games. If they had played 5-6 more there’s a lot that can happen with injuries and just the traveling alone can wear a team down. All I’m saying is it was a different year for college football but you can’t compare a team that played 12 games to one that played 7.

Well, I do agree that there is a chance to be more "fresh" having played less. I'd prefer that they had played more games to have more chances to work on plays at game speed though. Easy to twist that story line either way to fit into whatever narrative you prefer.
OSU damn near went off on their own after the B1G decided to cancel the season. Definitely a crazy year. Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for sports.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Some of the opinions on here are quite funny.

Bama was a pro team. They had guys come back who graded out first/second rounders. Leatherwood, Harris, Surtain, etc. they all came back. That was an all-star team. Imagine if OSU brought back Chase Young, Okudah, Dobbins, Fuller, Arnette, etc. Stars aligned for Bama to have a team that had no peer this year, Covid or no Covid. Props to them and Sark called an incredible game last night.

As far as OSU is concerned, they are always a top 3-4 team and recruit in the top 3 annually. Anyone who doesn't see the quality of that team/program is an idiot. The real issue that I just can't wrap my head around is how Bama has it figured out while 120+ other programs don't. This is a program that has won 6 titles in 12 years (and to be honest, they got robbed on the Clemson pick play a few years ago or it would be 7 in 12 years). As a fan you just have to tip your cap to Bama. However, coaches of Power 5 programs have to do better. No disrespect to Saban, because the guy is a god, but how can none of these other dudes break through? FoeHammer will be in shortly (if he hasn't already) to rep the SEC, but if you're in the SEC you gotta hate Bama, that's the only way things are going to change. Teams like Clemson and OSU only get one shot at Bama every so often in the playoffs (OSU is 1-1 and Clemson is 2-2) but how can you be proud of being someone else's bitch year after year? A&M had a good season with Mond but that dude went 0-fer against Bama. Until the vaunted SEC starts hating Bama instead of taking the approach that "we're all in this together" like its some kind of commercial for Covid vaccines, Saban is gonna bend you over and go in raw. And clowns like FoeHammer bend over and take it with a smile. LOL

beau t

Established Member
You can't take anything away from OSU they were there because they beat another top tier team in a bowl game to get there, if playing XX games vs 6 was such a game changer Clemson should of mopped the floor with them. Its easy to talk junk about them for losing but give them credit for being there in the first place. Where were our teams at mine included. And yes Jpro i don't enjoy getting Beat by them year after year.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Hats off to Bama this year. They have an nfl caliber offense, and there was zero stopping them. For a brief moment in the third quarter when their receiver got injured, and we closed it to 38-24, I thought we could maybe come back, but no dice. Bama was just way too good.

Trust me, it would have been nice to beat up on Toledo and a couple other bullshit teams for practice in the beginning of the season, as well as trounce Michigan (we were 30 point favorites), and we would have been 10 or 11-0 with a better gelling offense, but it was out of our control. We played Michigan state and northwestern without 22 active guys on our roster.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
You can't take anything away from OSU they were there because they beat another top tier team in a bowl game to get there, if playing XX games vs 6 was such a game changer Clemson should of mopped the floor with them. Its easy to talk junk about them for losing but give them credit for being there in the first place. Where were our teams at mine included. And yes Jpro i don't enjoy getting Beat by them year after year.

Its one thing for fans to hate getting beat every year, but what about the players and coaches? We lost to Clemson with horrendous officiating in the Fiesta last year. This year we put the target directly on their backs and took them down hard. Now I know most teams aren't as talented as OSU so its not as easy as they made it look in the Sugar Bowl, but you would think that with such a huge target on their backs that someone in the SEC would be able to lay the wood to Bama once in a while. All I hear is how the SEC is the best conference yet Bama smokes everyone year in and year out. Its crazy. Taking nothing away from Bama, they were historically great this year, but what about next year? Mac, Smith, Barmore, Waddle, Harris, etc. are all gone. SEC teams should be lining up to take a crack at them, but they will fail. OSU always has a target on their backs in the B1G. These teams come hard and pull out all the stops against us. Playing OSU is their super bowl. I just don't get that feeling when Tennessee, SC, Arkansas, etc. play Bama. Its just weird.

beau t

Established Member
Only 3 teams even have a hope of matching Bama in the SEC that is Georgia, LSU, and then maybe Florida, but everyone else is like just an annoying speed bump against them.
As a GA fan we were with them before half but its like we only thought we had to play a half lol. Its hard to beat them when they do such a good job of making corrections at half time and its frustrating for sure but thats part of the game and kudos to them for putting excellent coaches in the right positions along with players, maybe this year will our year.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Thats funny you dont think Bama has a target on their backs. Clemson in 18, LSU in 19 among many others. Bama hasnt lost to an unranked team since 07, its a program that is not infallible but is absolutely doing everything they can to assure victory. Just take a glance at the sec and everything they are trying to do to mimic Bama. All the rules and changes in football in direct response to Bama.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
292730_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=BL52dwqJom4AX8zMF3I&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

816461_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=VQlY0uECCvUAX9Roo3f&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

0gVnkD1.gif

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Thats funny you dont think Bama has a target on their backs. Clemson in 18, LSU in 19 among many others. Bama hasnt lost to an unranked team since 07, its a program that is not infallible but is absolutely doing everything they can to assure victory. Just take a glance at the sec and everything they are trying to do to mimic Bama. All the rules and changes in football in direct response to Bama.

I'm not saying Bama doesn't have a target on their backs, it just strikes me as amazing that we hear how great the SEC is yet Bama kicks everyone's ass every year (practically). For example, in the NFL you can have a great team but you're still going to go 13-3 or 12-4 because the competition is so tough. Everyone says how tough the SEC competition is yet ranked teams in the SEC get bitch-slapped year after year by Bama. I'm buying Bama as great but I'm selling the SEC as being anything special.

The Bone

Established Member
Who in there right mind gives a crap about football. I never kneel before the National Anthem!!! I'm a Veteran Stand up ass holes

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Who in there right mind gives a crap about football. I never kneel before the National Anthem!!! I'm a Veteran Stand up ass holes

That’s why I’ve only watched college this year the NFL is dead to me. Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread