Official 2020 college football thread who's winning it all if we get a playoff

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
We are humble it’s our culture. Did you not see Dabo go congratulate Syracuse when they beat us? Went to their locker room and congratulated them. That’s class. He’ll go down as one of the greatest in college football by the time he’s done. He’s the real deal and I’ve never understood the hate or how people do their best to see him fall.

Now we do have some bandwagon fans that don’t help, unfortunately that’s bound to happen. Taking them out every fan base has the loud cocky ones as well, but as a whole Clemson fans are the best I’ve met.

If we meet later this year and lose to y’all, we’ll do it with class and won’t whine or cry. If we win we’ll shake your hand and say good game.

Also I did hear about Miami, could be a good year for them, that chain is still stupid though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LOL as soon as I typed that Miami is pretty good their defense fell apart. Oh well...Offensively they look good!

I think the differences for Clemson are going to be :

1. How will their offensive line (breaking in a lot of new dudes) do against a top tier defense like OSU/Bama/etc. They are talented but other than Carmen they don't have much prime time experience.

2. How are they going to stop a dynamic offense like ours (OSU) or a UGA, etc. The key to that Fiesta Bowl was Wade getting ejected. He was the key piece to our defense. With him on the field it allowed Chase and Okudah, etc. do what they do. He is/was the anchor. Isiah Simmons was the key for Clemson and he is gone. Not saying Clemson isn't talented defensively, but that guy made the Clemson defense what it was. You can't understate the impact of what someone with that kind of versatility can do for a defense. Simmons was a stud...best all around defender in CFB in quite some time. How will they hold down a great offense when they don't have the luxury of a Simmons on the team? Same thing happened to us once Wade went out. It changed the entire dynamic.

I think Clemson/OSU are on a collision course. In the biggest games the teams with the best QB come out on top. TL and Fields are definitely head and shoulders above everyone else.

beau t

Established Member
JPRO is pretty much on point every year and makes this thread entertaining, thanks for showing up even before we knew your guys were going to jump in.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
LOL as soon as I typed that Miami is pretty good their defense fell apart. Oh well...Offensively they look good!

I think the differences for Clemson are going to be :

1. How will their offensive line (breaking in a lot of new dudes) do against a top tier defense like OSU/Bama/etc. They are talented but other than Carmen they don't have much prime time experience.

2. How are they going to stop a dynamic offense like ours (OSU) or a UGA, etc. The key to that Fiesta Bowl was Wade getting ejected. He was the key piece to our defense. With him on the field it allowed Chase and Okudah, etc. do what they do. He is/was the anchor. Isiah Simmons was the key for Clemson and he is gone. Not saying Clemson isn't talented defensively, but that guy made the Clemson defense what it was. You can't understate the impact of what someone with that kind of versatility can do for a defense. Simmons was a stud...best all around defender in CFB in quite some time. How will they hold down a great offense when they don't have the luxury of a Simmons on the team? Same thing happened to us once Wade went out. It changed the entire dynamic.

I think Clemson/OSU are on a collision course. In the biggest games the teams with the best QB come out on top. TL and Fields are definitely head and shoulders above everyone else.

Oh yeah we got a lot a freshmen to work with this year. I know it’s only been 2 games and one was the citadel but we’ve had quite a few step up.
Miles Murphy and Bresee looked good, Rodgers and Ladson jr are looking good too. KJ Henry had some moments too. Definitely miss having Simmons out there. Our secondary is definitely gonna need to play hard. Of course only time will tell.
I completely agree that we’re on a collision course and I look forward to it.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
JPRO is pretty much on point every year and makes this thread entertaining, thanks for showing up even before we knew your guys were going to jump in.

Appreciate it.

I don't follow pro sports but I love college football. My dad raised us on OSU football. Best memories of my childhood were watching the Bucks with my dad and two brothers. I have a passionate hate for Michigan...PERIOD. Everyone else is OK in my book except for "team SEC." You wanna rep your team and they are in the SEC? Fine, but don't boast about LSU winning the title when you're a UGA fan. If Michigan won a title I'd be sick to my stomach! I just don't understand the conference bravado.

Oh yeah we got a lot a freshmen to work with this year. I know it’s only been 2 games and one was the citadel but we’ve had quite a few step up.
Miles Murphy and Bresee looked good, Rodgers and Ladson jr are looking good too. KJ Henry had some moments too. Definitely miss having Simmons out there. Our secondary is definitely gonna need to play hard. Of course only time will tell.
I completely agree that we’re on a collision course and I look forward to it.

Who is the white dude that is freakishly huge and athletic on the defensive line? A true freshman I think...name is escaping me. Guy looks like a cyborg. LOL

Hef

Established Member
We are humble it’s our culture. Did you not see Dabo go congratulate Syracuse when they beat us? Went to their locker room and congratulated them. That’s class. He’ll go down as one of the greatest in college football by the time he’s done. He’s the real deal and I’ve never understood the hate or how people do their best to see him fall.

Now we do have some bandwagon fans that don’t help, unfortunately that’s bound to happen. Taking them out every fan base has the loud cocky ones as well, but as a whole Clemson fans are the best I’ve met.

If we meet later this year and lose to y’all, we’ll do it with class and won’t whine or cry. If we win we’ll shake your hand and say good game.

Also I did hear about Miami, could be a good year for them, that chain is still stupid though.

Yeah, I hate the Miami turnover chain also

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
I'm guilty of this,
but don't boast about LSU winning the title when you're a UGA fan
not gonna boast just root for them in the playoffs - - - but they do have to be on the other side of the conference lol.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I’m thinking it’s Bryan Bresee, 6-5 300

I think that's it.

Yeah, I hate the Miami turnover chain also

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Its so ghetto.

I'm guilty of this,

not gonna boast just root for them in the playoffs - - - but they do have to be on the other side of the conference lol.

I just find that odd.

Hef

Established Member

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Rocky Top Comin'!

Thank GOD REAL Football has begun...

BB19sx9f.jpg

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I cant believe he thought Ash was a good hire. talk about hring your friends....

We were bummed to lose Herman after our natty in 2014, but didn't care about Ash. That dude was not good. LOL

B12 plays no defense. What I saw on Saturday in the UT/TT and OU/KState games was an abomination. But fear not, Horns! A&M looked like dog poo in their 17-12 "win" over Vanderbilt. LOL

utlong31

Established Member
I cant believe he thought Ash was a good hire. talk about hring your friends....

I’m sick of these no good defensive coordinators. They need to open up the check book and get someone that’s going to kick some butt. They haven’t had a good D since Muscamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread