Official 2018 NHRA thread

Coiled03

Established Member
How the hell do we not have a Monster Energy NHRA thread on this site?!

It's opening weekend at the Winternationals today. Anyybody else watching? Britney Force had a major slam in round 1.

scott_0

Established Member
I try to keep up but find myself missing races, been a huge Force fan for years, and who doesn't love the Force girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I try to keep up but find myself missing races, been a huge Force fan for years, and who doesn't love the Force girls?

I can't stand John Force's pompous attitude. His girls got lucky and Did not inherit his ego. They can definitely drive.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Pretty serious. I have met him several times. Maybe he was pissed the times I met him. I know Antron Brown from his two wheeled racing days. Antron, along with Steve Torrance put Force's little girl on the trailer a lot.

Courtney and Britney can both drive though. They are on a level much higher than me.

Coiled03

Established Member
Pretty serious. I have met him several times. Maybe he was pissed the times I met him. I know Antron Brown from his two wheeled racing days. Antron, along with Steve Torrance put Force's little girl on the trailer a lot.

Courtney and Britney can both drive though. They are on a level much higher than me.

I've met him several times too, and he always seemed nice to me. Not as crazy as he seems in interviews, but he was like most of the drivers; always willing to sign an autograph, or take a picture. Maybe you caught him on a bad day? Don't know..

Antron, and Steve Torrance put a LOT of people on the trailer.

scott_0

Established Member
I've never met him personally, but I don't get the feeling Force is pompous at all, and yes, the girls are good drivers, I wish Ashley would have stuck with it but family over all

Rare40th

Established Member
Forgot the season started yesterday...... Been a Force and Schumacher fan forever. Glad Brittany's alright.
How about Matt Hagan and that final round run time? It's crazy to think the funny cars are just about keeping up with the Top Fuel cars nowadays

shb5007

Established Member
I am glad they added Richmond (area) back onto the schedule this year, but it will be rough in June. I might go...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot the season started yesterday...... Been a Force and Schumacher fan forever. Glad Brittany's alright.
How about Matt Hagan and that final round run time? It's crazy to think the funny cars are just about keeping up with the Top Fuel cars nowadays

as someone who doesn't really know their ass from a hole in the ground aren't they pretty much holding the top fuel cars back these days?

Coiled03

Established Member
as someone who doesn't really know their ass from a hole in the ground aren't they pretty much holding the top fuel cars back these days?

Depends on what you mean. They're not holding them back in terms of power. They just slip the clutch like hell, and modify the tune to keep them from smoking the tires all the way down the track. They're holding them back in terms of top speed, though, by limiting them to 1000 feet.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on what you mean. They're not holding them back in terms of power. They just slip the clutch like hell, and modify the tune to keep them from smoking the tires all the way down the track. They're holding them back in terms of top speed, though, by limiting them 1000 feet.

I knew they were only running to 1000 feet but I thought they had placed some restrictions on them that were limiting power as well (or at least keeping them from being able to further develop/innovate to go faster)

Rare40th

Established Member

Like Coiled said, they're slipping clutches until 400ish feet to contain the power as much as possible. For awhile I believe teams added in weight, lowered rev limiters and then NHRA mandated fuel to be dropped to 80%(?) a few years ago.

But some of that has changed, funny cars now run the same rev limiters as top fuel which is 7900rpms, nitro is back up to 90% over the last couple of years and I read somewhere that teams can vary the amount of plates being ran on the supercharger to increase power as well. Then they also changed headers angles for 2018 which is increasing times by as much as .05-.06.

Coiled03

Established Member
Good grief....who did JFR racing piss off? A week after Britney crashes, John has his own wreck:

Users who are viewing this thread