Official 2018 College football thread SEC sucks!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Let’s get this started. @Sinister04L Go Irish! Stomp Michigan in week 1. Happy to see the rivalry back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Time for Ryan Day and the rest of the Buckeyes to focus on running all over the first 3 opponents. Glad this crap has come to an end of sorts.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Pathetic.

I don't know if Zach Smith beat his wife. I don't know if she is credible. I have no idea who is telling the truth and who is lying. All I know is this: my beloved alma mater spent $500k for an investigation that I understood to be about whether or not Meyer, Gene Smith (the AD) and/or others at tOSU handled the situation properly. Instead, they totally went out of bounds with the investigation and interviewed the Smiths, the moms, etc. What a cluster****! Either do an investigation and keep Meyer, or do an investigation and fire his ass. tOSU has ****ed this whole thing up by having no backbone. Stand behind Meyer and reinstate him, or cut him loose and stand by your decision. I have no idea what any of this is all about but its beyond stupid. Ready to watch some college football.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
40122534_2133561063373827_2377160344163319808_n.png

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't know if Zach Smith beat his wife. I don't know if she is credible. I have no idea who is telling the truth and who is lying. All I know is this: my beloved alma mater spent $500k for an investigation that I understood to be about whether or not Meyer, Gene Smith (the AD) and/or others at tOSU handled the situation properly. Instead, they totally went out of bounds with the investigation and interviewed the Smiths, the moms, etc. What a cluster****! Either do an investigation and keep Meyer, or do an investigation and fire his ass. tOSU has ****ed this whole thing up by having no backbone. Stand behind Meyer and reinstate him, or cut him loose and stand by your decision. I have no idea what any of this is all about but its beyond stupid. Ready to watch some college football.

And now an OSU trustee resigned because he disagreed with the leniency of the punishment.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
And now an OSU trustee resigned because he disagreed with the leniency of the punishment.

Yep, and I say "good riddance" to the trustee. As I said, OSU needed to take a stand and show they have a backbone. Regardless of their decision (keep him or fire him) they should have made their decision based on facts, did what was right, and stood behind their decision. This trustee was quoted as saying: “I felt that getting into a limited number of games that was a suspension missed the point of a bigger cultural concern about ‘What message were we sending?’ ” And he said he believed the punishment came across as lenient, citing several articles that came out afterward, including a USA Today column with the headline, “It’s Urban Meyer University Now.”
“I read all these articles,” Mr. Wadsworth said, “and I’m embarrassed.”

So we should cave to the media and their perception? Didn't the investigation provide facts to base a decision on? Why should USA Today have anything to do with the decision? This guy is a pussy, good riddance. Again, make a decision based on the facts and evidence, stand behind it, and move forward.

While I'm at it, Urban released a statement today via his Twitter account. What is lost on the media (the same media who's perception this trustee was worried about) is that, based on the FACTS and evidence uncovered in the investigation:

1. Meyer did not condone domestic abuse.
2. While his denials at B1G media day were inaccurate, facts and evidence uncovered by the investigation show that his statements were not a deliberate cover up to keep Smith on staff in the face of domestic violence. He did not deliberately lie and there is evidence of that.
3. Meyer was punished for mismanaging a bad employee, not for condoning or covering up domestic violence.

Yet OSU has kept Meyer on staff and refuses to rebuff all the negative press with the facts and evidence. They seem to have said "let's give him a suspension to show we punished him and quietly move on." This hasn't worked, so now Meyer feels the need to defend himself. For the love of God, follow Sparty's example regarding the Nassar ordeal that cleared the bball and football coaches of any involvement and move on.

Deep breath...

Michigan over ND
Auburn over Washington
Vtech over FSU

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I don't care for Urban Meyer or OSU (hate would be more accurate), but this has turned into a witch hunt, plain and simple. When this news first broke it looked bad, but then the facts started coming to light. The leftist MSM does this shit all the time and they are just digging and digging for anything on OSU, Meyer etc. I am sure we are going to hear he's cheated on his taxes and donated money to the GOP next...lol

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I don't care for Urban Meyer or OSU (hate would be more accurate), but this has turned into a witch hunt, plain and simple. When this news first broke it looked bad, but then the facts started coming to light. The leftist MSM does this shit all the time and they are just digging and digging for anything on OSU, Meyer etc. I am sure we are going to hear he's cheated on his taxes and donated money to the GOP next...lol

Exactly! OSU has mishandled this from the jump worse than Ford has mishandled the GT500 release. LOL

On another note,I forgot to say, but in my previous post I should add to my picks that Joe Buckeye Burrow is gonna lead LSU past Miami this weekend.

Living in Vegas I was thinking of a 3-teamer:

FAU (aka Kiffin University) +21 over Okie
Nebraska -23.5 over Akron (one of my alma maters)
OSU (my other alma mater) -38.5 over Oregon St

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Exactly! OSU has mishandled this from the jump worse than Ford has mishandled the GT500 release. LOL

On another note,I forgot to say, but in my previous post I should add to my picks that Joe Buckeye Burrow is gonna lead LSU past Miami this weekend.

Living in Vegas I was thinking of a 3-teamer:

FAU (aka Kiffin University) get's their shit pushed in by OU....BOOMER
Nebraska -23.5 over Akron (one of my alma maters)
OSU (my other alma mater) -38.5 over Oregon St

FTFY :D

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

LOL Maybe...I won't bet it, I'm a chicken. I could be enticed if it were +24 maybe, but at +21 I'm hesitant. However, this entire week out here I have been hearing that smart money is on FAU. Then again, Hawaii was a 17 point dog last weekend against Colorado State and won outright by double digits.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yep, and I say "good riddance" to the trustee. As I said, OSU needed to take a stand and show they have a backbone. Regardless of their decision (keep him or fire him) they should have made their decision based on facts, did what was right, and stood behind their decision. This trustee was quoted as saying: “I felt that getting into a limited number of games that was a suspension missed the point of a bigger cultural concern about ‘What message were we sending?’ ” And he said he believed the punishment came across as lenient, citing several articles that came out afterward, including a USA Today column with the headline, “It’s Urban Meyer University Now.”
“I read all these articles,” Mr. Wadsworth said, “and I’m embarrassed.”

So we should cave to the media and their perception? Didn't the investigation provide facts to base a decision on? Why should USA Today have anything to do with the decision? This guy is a pussy, good riddance. Again, make a decision based on the facts and evidence, stand behind it, and move forward.

While I'm at it, Urban released a statement today via his Twitter account. What is lost on the media (the same media who's perception this trustee was worried about) is that, based on the FACTS and evidence uncovered in the investigation:

1. Meyer did not condone domestic abuse.
2. While his denials at B1G media day were inaccurate, facts and evidence uncovered by the investigation show that his statements were not a deliberate cover up to keep Smith on staff in the face of domestic violence. He did not deliberately lie and there is evidence of that.
3. Meyer was punished for mismanaging a bad employee, not for condoning or covering up domestic violence.

Yet OSU has kept Meyer on staff and refuses to rebuff all the negative press with the facts and evidence. They seem to have said "let's give him a suspension to show we punished him and quietly move on." This hasn't worked, so now Meyer feels the need to defend himself. For the love of God, follow Sparty's example regarding the Nassar ordeal that cleared the bball and football coaches of any involvement and move on.

Deep breath...

Michigan over ND
Auburn over Washington
Vtech over FSU

The trustee did not resign because of the media. He resigned before the punishment was announced, because based on what the facts were he felt the punishment was too lenient.

Meyer claimed that his wife never told him about the 2015 conversations she had with Smith's wife (lol) meanwhile he deleted all the old text messages off his phone before turning it over. Bottom line is this guy had years worth of fireable offenses while under Meyer and he let it slide because of who he was.

Let's be real though OSU was never going to fire Meyer regardless. No way.

But enough about that onto the season. It's game day! I agree with your picks.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The trustee did not resign because of the media. He resigned before the punishment was announced, because based on what the facts were he felt the punishment was too lenient.

Meyer claimed that his wife never told him about the 2015 conversations she had with Smith's wife (lol) meanwhile he deleted all the old text messages off his phone before turning it over. Bottom line is this guy had years worth of fireable offenses while under Meyer and he let it slide because of who he was.

Let's be real though OSU was never going to fire Meyer regardless. No way.

But enough about that onto the season. It's game day! I agree with your picks.

Yeah, I'm not gonna debate this. It is exhausting. LOL

Hoping to see some competitive games today. Sparty didn't look good last night but it was an exciting game to watch.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
OU is piping that ass! What was this talk about the smart money being on FAU? @jpro

Let’s be clear...I didn’t place the bet. Phew!!!!! LOL I guess Vegas insiders aren’t always right!

Bosa through 20 minutes of play has a sack, two fumble recoveries and a TD. Heisman!!!!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread