Official 2017-18 NBA thread

kaz109

Established Member
Well, unless something drastic happens I'd say you were way off.
You can say that again. I could not have been more wrong about the thunder. Melo still not playing D and they have yet to figure out how to each share the ball and get the win all while playing team defense. I still think at any time they can get hot and in a 7 game series it could get interesting

Surprised we beat them, no, but yes surprised we scored 90 in a half.

kaz109

Established Member
I think Lavar made everybody look at every single thing lonzo does and judge him for it but if u look at his numbers and his impact on the floor I think he will be a star in the league.

He is leading the team in asst,steals,rebounds, and second in blocks. Not to mention offensive rebounds. Lakers were 29th in asst last year and they are( before he was injured) 10th this year. When he is in they have took the warriors to OT twice, kuzma shooting pct was great, when he isn't on the floor Lakers stop moving the ball and it's more one on one play leading to them getting blown out by like 30pts to the hornets.

I think we are so use to seeing the new age high scoring point guard that now he is in the league and does everything else well beside shoot ppl don't see the vaule he really brings to the team.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
kaz109 said:
You can say that again. I could not have been more wrong about the thunder. Melo still not playing D and they have yet to figure out how to each share the ball and get the win all while playing team defense. I still think at any time they can get hot and in a 7 game series it could get interesting.

I had a lot more faith in D'antoni getting it right than Donovan, and like I said Harden and Paul are actually friends that played together in the off-season. They're starting to heat up a little now though.

I think Lavar made everybody look at every single thing lonzo does and judge him for it but if u look at his numbers and his impact on the floor I think he will be a star in the league.

He is leading the team in asst,steals,rebounds, and second in blocks. Not to mention offensive rebounds. Lakers were 29th in asst last year and they are( before he was injured) 10th this year. When he is in they have took the warriors to OT twice, kuzma shooting pct was great, when he isn't on the floor Lakers stop moving the ball and it's more one on one play leading to them getting blown out by like 30pts to the hornets.

I think we are so use to seeing the new age high scoring point guard that now he is in the league and does everything else well beside shoot ppl don't see the vaule he really brings to the team.

Lavar ruined all that for him.

Coiled03

Established Member
Porzingis out for the season, as if the Knicks needed another reason to tank lol.

In other news, that's officially the end of my fantasy basketball season.

Coiled03

Established Member
Wow.

Lakers send Larry Nance Jr., and Jordan Clarkson to the Cavs for IT, Channing Frye, and a protected 1st round pick. Now they have enough cap space to go after LeBron, and Paul George this off season, plus a first round pick to boot!

This Koby Altman kid the Cavs hired looks like he's getting worked over, so far.

EDIT: Guess I should've known he wasn't done. The Cavs just rebuilt their whole team at the trade deadline. Insane!

Last edited:

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I'm fairly happy with the trades Koby/Dan made. IT was cancer in the locker room but Frye was a big help in the locker room and on the floor. Overall, the Cavs are a younger, faster and more defense-oriented team. Can we beat GS? No chance in hell lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow.

Lakers send Larry Nance Jr., and Jordan Clarkson to the Cavs for IT, Channing Frye, and a protected 1st round pick. Now they have enough cap space to go after LeBron, and Paul George this off season, plus a first round pick to boot!

This Koby Altman kid the Cavs hired looks like he's getting worked over, so far.

EDIT: Guess I should've known he wasn't done. The Cavs just rebuilt their whole team at the trade deadline. Insane!

damn, I looked around on my lunch break and there wasnt shit going on, everyone predicting these little moves and nothing major. So much for that...

Coiled03

Established Member
Man, I wish somebody would crater Westbrick's face. I don't think there's a bigger punk in the league.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
clap your hands everybody,
for philadelphia 76ers
stomp your feet everybody,
for philadelphia 76ers

Coiled03

Established Member
This MIA/PHI game is nuts! Simmons is a fn stud. If he ever gets a jump shot, I don't know how anyone will guard him.

Users who are viewing this thread