Official 2016 MLB Thread

mysterio

Established Member
Congratulations to Cubbies. No more 'haven't won since 1908' hanging over their heads anymore.

One hell of a game 7 and series overall.

Somewhere, Steve Bartman is breathing a huge sigh of relief. Not since Atlas (and Bill Buckner) has such a massive weight on the shoulders been lifted.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Best World Series I've ever seen. Rain delay and all.

I'm proud of our guys. They weren't even supposed to be here, everyone expected Boston to route them. Down 2 starting pitchers, underdogs.

I hope they can use this as motivation to regroup for next year.

Go Tribe!

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Congrats to the Cubs and Cubs fans! Great game... if we had to lose, I'm glad it was to the Cubs.

I've heard often that this doesn't feel like '97. Maybe it's because the Cavs win took some of the edge off? Or that this Game 7 went into extra innings. Not sure, but I'm proud anyway.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
He obviously knows wtf hes doing, which is more than any of the previous Cubs GMs in recent history. It's amazing how much of a turnaround this team has done in just a few years. This team lost 101 games in 2012 and 97 in 2013. Now they won 103 games and won the WS.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I've heard often that this doesn't feel like '97. Maybe it's because the Cavs win took some of the edge off? Or that this Game 7 went into extra innings. Not sure, but I'm proud anyway.

This was more like 95... kind of. We were not the favorites over the Braves. But our offense was beast vs our pitching back then. I'm looking forward to another faceoff b/n the Cubs and Tribe in the future. Both teams have their core players locked down for the next 3-5 years. We just need some bats in the middle of the lineup to provide the much needed power. Napoli was an unfortunate disappointment this offseason.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
This was more like 95... kind of. We were not the favorites over the Braves. But our offense was beast vs our pitching back then. I'm looking forward to another faceoff b/n the Cubs and Tribe in the future. Both teams have their core players locked down for the next 3-5 years. We just need some bats in the middle of the lineup to provide the much needed power. Napoli was an unfortunate disappointment this offseason.

Need to keep those starting pitchers healthy too.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm a little late to the party but WOW! Watching everyone I know live streaming the events over the past few days is making me home sick. I wasn't thinking or else I would have booked a flight before the game to celebrate.

[video=youtube;WKC5c9cmryg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKC5c9cmryg&feature=share[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread