Official 2015 NFL Season Thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Training Camp is in full swing and the preseason has already started so it's time to start up the new thread. Who's going to the big dance this year? Who's going to be the biggest disappointment? Biggest surprise?

FWIW I think my Texans will go 9-7 again. I don't know if that'll be good enough to get a wildcard though. If we get average to above average QB play and avoid injuries, we could win more. We'll see!

svtshadow

Banned
This year am fully loaded with cash.... What kind of SVTP bettings, games, fantasy league etc are people playing here. Need complete rules etc....

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES

colin450

Established Member
Once again I think its back to the same old story with the Pats. Good offense, bad defense.

Can't understand why they keep going back to this method. It's no coincidence they won the SB with great CBs. Let's hope Malcolm Butler turns into a good player.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
This year am fully loaded with cash.... What kind of SVTP bettings, games, fantasy league etc are people playing here. Need complete rules etc....

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES

I'll be running the SVTP Pick 'Em league again this year if you're interested. I'll have a new thread up this weekend with details.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
For anyone doing fantasy, did you see that Ameer Abdullah run? His ADP will be rising fast but he's one to keep an eye on.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Go Packers! I'm just ready for this season to get started to try to put the collapse in Seattle in the rear view. I still feel sick thinking about that game.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
For anyone doing fantasy, did you see that Ameer Abdullah run? His ADP will be rising fast but he's one to keep an eye on.

Abdullah was a great RB in college that got very little notice. He was one of a trio of great Big10 RB's along with Gordon and Elliot.

I read an article about the Texans' last 2 drafts. Word is the year before last we were going to pick up Bridgewater with our 2nd round pick but Minnesota traded to the spot right before us and got him. And this year we were set to pick up Gordon with our first round pick and the Chargers traded to the spot before us and took him. Even though Kevin Johnson is looking pretty good so far I can't help but wonder what the team would look like had it gone the other way.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Abdullah was a great RB in college that got very little notice. He was one of a trio of great Big10 RB's along with Gordon and Elliot.

I read an article about the Texans' last 2 drafts. Word is the year before last we were going to pick up Bridgewater with our 2nd round pick but Minnesota traded to the spot right before us and got him. And this year we were set to pick up Gordon with our first round pick and the Chargers traded to the spot before us and took him. Even though Kevin Johnson is looking pretty good so far I can't help but wonder what the team would look like had it gone the other way.

Yeah I have a friend who is going to Nebraska and he's been telling me about Abdullah for a while. His highlight video is pretty good and he sealed the deal for me with that run last night.

Who did the Texans get after missing out on Bridgewater and Gordon?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah I have a friend who is going to Nebraska and he's been telling me about Abdullah for a while. His highlight video is pretty good and he sealed the deal for me with that run last night.

Who did the Texans get after missing out on Bridgewater and Gordon?

Xavier Su'a-Filo (bust so far) and Kevin Johnson this year. Johnson has looked good in camp so far.

Seems like the Texans have a track record of bad drafts.

Hey, they got JJ Watt so that gives them a pass for a while.

This year's draft hasn't been terrible. 2013 was no good and 2014 will be pretty much a complete waste if Clowney doesn't pan out, which is unacceptable when you're drafting first.

The JJ Watt pick is looking pretty damn good huh? That was the 2011 class and we had a decent draft that year.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
The JJ Watt pick is looking pretty damn good huh? That was the 2011 class and we had a decent draft that year.

He's probably my favorite player in the NFL maybe tied with Richard Sherman. The first episode of Hard Knocks really shows how awesome of a person he is.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He's probably my favorite player in the NFL maybe tied with Richard Sherman. The first episode of Hard Knocks really shows how awesome of a person he is.

Great football player and even greater person. He does a ton of charity work and good deeds all the time. Just a genuinely nice guy. Very glad he's in Houston and we locked him up long term.

Coiled03

Established Member
Go Bears!!

Having said that, I need to find the over/under on the number of INTs Cutler will throw this year. I'm taking the over. I don't care what the number is, I'm taking the ****ing over.

Users who are viewing this thread