Official 2014 NFL Fatasy Football Season Thread

stangliter04

Established Member
This thread is for discussion about the upcoming fantasy football season. Lets keep the fantasy talk in here so we don't clog up the NFL thread.

I personally need advice on a league that I will be drafting individual defensive players... Has anyone done this and what round do you usually start picking them?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Must be a yahoo league. I only use ESPN and NFL.com. Its defensive teams not players lol. Sorry Ryan.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
This thread is for discussion about the upcoming fantasy football season. Lets keep the fantasy talk in here so we don't clog up the NFL thread.

I personally need advice on a league that I will be drafting individual defensive players... Has anyone done this and what round do you usually start picking them?

You need to look at the scoring and see how much better the elite defensive players are than the next tier down. Personally when I have done IDP leagues, I draft them in the 10th round +. All depends on the scoring though.

stangliter04

Established Member
Must be a yahoo league. I only use ESPN and NFL.com. Its defensive teams not players lol. Sorry Ryan.

It's a $25 league with myfanstasyleague.com friend of mine and his dad have been running it for a few years. I didn't know it was IDP until I signed up. Should be interesting.

You need to look at the scoring and see how much better the elite defensive players are than the next tier down. Personally when I have done IDP leagues, I draft them in the 10th round +. All depends on the scoring though.

10+ round is what I've been reading but you're right I need to look at the scoring. :beer:

stangliter04

Established Member
Picks 6-10 are going to be interesting this year... After Mccoy,Charles,AP,Forte and Lacey go off the board. It's weird not having the likes of Rice and Foster in the top 10 discussion anymore.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
even coming off the ACL? with Stills being more than likely the main wideout threat?

I don't think stills will be much of a factor. Colston, Meachem, Cooks are all there too.

As long as wayne is out there playing, he will be a factor.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I don't think stills will be much of a factor. Colston, Meachem, Cooks are all there too.

As long as wayne is out there playing, he will be a factor.

true. i have wayne but was unsure if i should pick up stills. wayne does get most of luck's targets so that's probably a better option.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am starting mock draft after mock draft, I have the 11th pick in one and the 8th pick in another (out of 10 teams)

stangliter04

Established Member
This IDP league I'm in has all kinds of weird scoring. There are 6 defensive players in the top 10 picks based on scoring from last year. I wouldn't have entered the league if I would have known it was like this. Plus I have the 12,13 pick.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Here is my team for a 12 team .5 ppr league. I had 1st pick :mj:

QB - Ryan
RB - McCoy
RB - Murray
RB/WR - S Jackson
WR - Jeffery
WR - E Sanders
WR - Fitz
TE - Reed

Bench:
R Randall, J Matthews, D Freeman, J Gordon (lottery ticket), C Michael, Z Ertz

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Anybody ever done an auction style draft before?
My main money league with my friends is a auction style. We draft saturday night. Its a very custom league and we still need one more player because of a late backout.
Standard scoring
2 qbs
3rbs
3wrs
2 te
1 flex
2 defenses
No kickers ever
6/7 bench spots

12 team, so this gonna be a super deep league.lol

Users who are viewing this thread