Official 2013/14 NHL Season Thread

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
With the season just a couple weeks away, I thought I would start this off. The pre-season games are underway. What moves did your team make? How do you think it'll improve your team? Lets get this thing going.

As we all know the Ducks traded Bobby to the Sens. :( I do really like what we got in return. Silfverberg has the same shot and release that Bobby has. We also got Stefan Noesen(prospect) that we tried drafting a couple years ago before Ottawa beat us to him, and we got a 1st round pick. I'm gonna miss Bobby and his highlight-reel goals.
Souray is out until January. Selanne returns for his final season. 1 of our goalies will be gone by this year. Hoping Sami Vatenan makes the team for good. Beauchemin had surgery and should be ready for the beginning of the season. Ducks vs Kings @ Dodger Stadium. Ducks 20th Anniversary. This season is gonna be good.
Go Ducks !!!!!!!!! :beer:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
It will be interesting to see how the changes the Bruins made work out.

well one thing is for sure, they will be a much slower team (never thought that was even possible). so i worry how they will fair against the smaller quicker teams.

qualls22

Established Member
Hopefully the CBJ will be alright with the transition from the west to the east, although its gonna be tough they will be up for the battle!

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Wings looking good for the present and future, Griffins won the Calder Cup and the prospects won the Prospect tournament.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Wings looking good for the present and future, Griffins won the Calder Cup and the prospects won the Prospect tournament.

It's awesome the Red Wings are in our division now. How do Wings fans feel about the move?

BTW, I blame the Red Wings for the Bruins not winning the cup for blowing that 3-1 series lead they had to the Black Hawks. :p

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
It's awesome the Red Wings are in our division now. How do Wings fans feel about the move?

BTW, I blame the Red Wings for the Bruins not winning the cup for blowing that 3-1 series lead they had to the Black Hawks. :p

Wings fans love it. We finally get real rivalries back. TOR, BOS, MTL, bring that shit on.

And I don't know what to say about the Hawks. They woke up and stopped beating themselves; at that point we had to hope for some lucky bounces we just didn't get. You guys should have had the cup though, the game is at least 60 minutes long and you forgot the last couple.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Anyone catch this? I guess taking your helmet off before a fight is now an additional 2 minute minor. These 2 guys found a way to get around that new rule, take each others off. lol.

[youtube_browser]CONJgZjVOh8[/youtube_browser]

mysterio

Established Member
That^ was good. Islander guy was throwing some bombs, and the Devil held his own fairly well.

mysterio

Established Member

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

sleek98

Established Member
Cant wait to see the whole Bruins team play at once. I think they will be ok but I am sure that it will take them a couple games to figure it out since they are not as fast as they were last year.

mysterio

Established Member
What would provoke John Scott to go after Phil Kessel? Not that I mind because I would have liked to have seen the end result of that but you usually don't see the team tough guy go after the other teams best player.

That's a good question. Neither the video, nor the write up of the game provided much of an answer. Maybe something will surface shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread