OFFICIAL 2008 MLB PLAYOFF Thread!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Alright guys....Whose taking it Down this year....

Im going with a "certain team" from a "certain Northside" of "Certain City" better known as the Chicago Cubs!

.......but its in my blood...Been hard core Cubs Fan all my life, trying not give too much of my hopes up just yet though! Im sure that **** Goat will make an appearance before it's said and done! :bash:

Def historic already with both the Cubs and White Sox in for the first time in 102 years!!!

What are some other opinions? :pop:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Gotta go with my redsox, even though they play the Angels who distroyed us this year. Hopefully we can play them like we did on the 07 playoffs.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Alright alright alright, you guy's can go dig up the 'beginning of baseball season' thread. I said the Dodger's were going to take it all this year. I'm sticking by it. :coolman:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
As far as I'm concerned, all Cubs fans are idiots. I had a hard time even reading half of the moronic posts on ESPN..... So, just because they're mostly all ignorant....I hope the Cubs lose.

I'd like to see the Dodgers or the Phillies win it. Brad Lidge was my favorite player for the 'Stros...and I hope he does well.

It would be nice to see Tampa Bay pull through though!

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
in a perfect world i would like to see the angels face off against the Dodgers.. LETS KEEP IT CALIFORNIAN!!! Keep the cubs fans at bay by having another dumb fan! And definately not let ozzie guillens dumb ass get another one.

Last edited:

Matt37

Established Member
Phils baby!..... Heading down to Citizens Bank in about 20 minutes get some tailgating in before the game.....

Worst part about baseball playoffs is the games are always at inopportune times and I end up missing a crap load of classes during them.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
They do play the games at some stupid times.
Red Sox will beat the Angels this round. They will seal the deal in Fenway.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I'm a Brewers fan, but I'll be pulling for the White Sox too. Spend a lot of time in Chicago and cannot stand Cubs fans.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'm a Brewers fan, but I'll be pulling for the White Sox too. Spend a lot of time in Chicago and cannot stand Cubs fans.

Most people in Chicago (aka live in the city) are Sox Fans.....from my experience....people in burbs and other areas or more for the North Side.

03 VENOM

Established Member

LOL I know you won't be pulling for the Brewers too long! They're losing 3-0 so far in game 1! Phils will probably sweep them lol

GO CUBS!!!!!!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
LOL I know you won't be pulling for the Brewers too long! They're losing 3-0 so far in game 1! Phils will probably sweep them lol

GO CUBS!!!!!!

I just saw that! No lookin good. I think from the Cubs perspective...If we were to get by the dodgers Id rather play the Brewers over the Phillies...

03 VENOM

Established Member
I just saw that! No lookin good. I think from the Cubs perspective...If we were to get by the dodgers Id rather play the Brewers over the Phillies...

If the Cubs beat the Dodgers, I think they can beat the Phillies too if Zambrano pitches well! Dempster and Lilly pitched VERY good the last month or two of the regular season.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
If the Cubs beat the Dodgers, I think they can beat the Phillies too if Zambrano pitches well! Dempster and Lilly pitched VERY good the last month or two of the regular season.

This might sound crazy.....but I want Lilly Game 2.....I think him and Dempster will command the how well the Cubs do. They have both thrown phenominal all year long and have been a big suprise. THye have the capability to go 7-8 innings without any probs if they are on....Zambrano good dont get me wrong....I just feel like you never know with him out there if it gonna be good or bad??? Esp as of lately....

03 VENOM

Established Member
This might sound crazy.....but I want Lilly Game 2.....I think him and Dempster will command the how well the Cubs do. They have both thrown phenominal all year long and have been a big suprise. THye have the capability to go 7-8 innings without any probs if they are on....Zambrano good dont get me wrong....I just feel like you never know with him out there if it gonna be good or bad??? Esp as of lately....

I agree, I would start Lilly game 2! Hopefully they win the 1st round, if they face the Phillies next, we will probably see Lilly pitch game 2(NLCS) because of Lefty hitters Howard and Utley

Users who are viewing this thread