OFFICIAL! 2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP! Pics inside!!

ANIVNM

Established Member
Anyone heard anything on the fact that the dealers are not taking deposit's yet. I try every month to throw $10000 at them for my order and they never take it...SVT told me Jan at the earliest.
Also, the 19's will most likely be changed to 18's per SVT, along with some other changes to keep the "bean" counters happy. I want to see the real thing before I do this...otherwise I will throw a 5.4 in my 2004, built to the hilt for $5000, and throw in a solid axle and be done. If the variation of the 07 Cobra that we see today, is as great as the variation in the 05 GT Prototype and the actual 05 Production car...we may stand to get a sloppy GT with a beefed up powerplant...has happened before...

"Ford, ignore the bean counters, give us quality!!!

Last edited:

Jbahoffman

Established Member
I Want A New Shelby GT 500

Has anyone been able to order the new 2007 Shelby GT 500 Yet???
If so, where???
We want to order one ASAP!

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
Now thats a sleek car! Like to get one but does anyone happen to know the last year it will release. Personally, I like to get the last year b/c they tend to up-grade the components and stuff.

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
Hey Jbahoffman, my co-worker said he preordered this '07 Cobra from the dealer but I didn't get the details on it though. But will let everyone here know asap. Man, i'm seriously thinking about selling my '01 Prelude SH for it. It will be my first domestic car ever!

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
I read an article about this '07 Cobra (Forgot the name of magazine), but it says the car weighs 3,850 lbs. Now that is pretty heavy. But we all know what makes a car powerful is the "power to weight" ratio. Hmmm....450+ HP/ 3,850 lbs. I wish it was a bit lighter though. Heck, I hope the suspension is good too.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Agent-GHQ said:
I read an article about this '07 Cobra (Forgot the name of magazine), but it says the car weighs 3,850 lbs. Now that is pretty heavy. But we all know what makes a car powerful is the "power to weight" ratio. Hmmm....450+ HP/ 3,850 lbs. I wish it was a bit lighter though. Heck, I hope the suspension is good too.

Should be 'considerably' more than 450hp!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
Yup, you're right "ac427cobra." It was over 450HP bro. But man, I just hate the sound of the weight. From the pictures, there are stuff that don't really need to be there for the purpose of weight reduction. For example, the driver seat is power operated. The motors adds weight. Also, the hood is aluminum. They should have made it like carbon fiber. It says steel body too which affect the weight. I'm sure there's more components to this though. But that's just my opnion though.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Agent-GHQ said:
Yup, you're right "ac427cobra." It was over 450HP bro. But man, I just hate the sound of the weight. From the pictures, there are stuff that don't really need to be there for the purpose of weight reduction. For example, the driver seat is power operated. The motors adds weight. Also, the hood is aluminum. They should have made it like carbon fiber. It says steel body too which affect the weight. I'm sure there's more components to this though. But that's just my opnion though.

I agree completely. There are MANY things that each individual purchaser of this car can do to reduce weight if it is that big of an issue for them? If you want a lightweight car that handles amazingly well, you will have to be average size person or smaller, have to settle for a two seater (with virtually no cargo room) and buy an Elise. You'll have a blast.

But if you want a retro throwback of a very cool car, have a back seat (albeit small) and a trunk for your junk along with an amazing engine that has almost limitless power capabilities, then the GT-500 is your car.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
But if you want a retro throwback of a very cool car, have a back seat (albeit small) and a trunk for your junk along with an amazing engine that has almost limitless power capabilities, then the GT-500 is your car.

:beer:

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
This would be my first time owning a Mustang. And starting w/ this SVT Shelby GT 500 and I was just wondering how is the reliability is on this domestic car? How often is the maintence and stuff? What's the discrepancies level or rating in regards to workmanship? Thanks for your help.

03gtcoupe

Banned
First of all let me say this....It's great that you are finally getting an american car. But, You along with many other uniformed motorists have the wrong impressions of american cars. They are just as good in quality (and have been for years) and the maintenance is exactly the same as their import counterparts. This is why american car companies are in trouble right now, it's these type of uniformed people, who know nothing about cars but feels the need to listen to other who know nothing about cars. Rant over. ;-)

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
03gtcoupe said:
First of all let me say this....It's great that you are finally getting an american car. But, You along with many other uniformed motorists have the wrong impressions of american cars. They are just as good in quality (and have been for years) and the maintenance is exactly the same as their import counterparts. This is why american car companies are in trouble right now, it's these type of uniformed people, who know nothing about cars but feels the need to listen to other who know nothing about cars. Rant over. ;-)

:beer:

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
What's up 03GTCoupe! Yeah, i'm seriously thinking about selling my '01 Prelude SH and save up for this Shelby Cobra. Hopefully, they continue to make it for 3 years. I wait for the last run because they normally do up grades, like my '01 Prelude SH. Plus, this gives me more time to save up.

In regards to your comments about reliability of domestic cars, I feel the same way too that domestic cars are just as good as import. However, there are many variables why consumer picked import over domestic. Factors such as economical, insurance, low-maintenances, dependable, market value holds-up etc.

In my case, it was fuel efficient, exotic, dependable, low-maintenance, turn/handling. But then again in comparison to domestic, the results are apparent. How many domestic cars do you see on the side of the road and in repair shops or maintenance shops?

To me, I don't just listen to people's car jargon, but I also ask the owner themselves and statistics too. I mean the statistics don't lie.

So, the bottom line here is to determine how reliable and how much maintenance is this new '07 Shelby Cobra going to be. Provided the vessel is well cared and cautiously driven. Kind of like babying her. And most importantly, how well does it handle when in turns. My '01 Lude has superior handling as it turns. Hence, which is why it's called ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System). Man, if this Shelby Cobra has the ATTS, there's no doubt in my mind whether to get it or not! :thumbsup:

I don't know so i'm just waiting to see how the owner feels about it.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
V-8POWER said:
Ford's SVT website says that the car will be around $40k

I spoke with a Ford salesman yesterday, and he claims the price will be just a little south of 40k.

Users who are viewing this thread