Officers of the Law - Please enter this poll.

2- Cobra's Racing at 3AM on a public highway. How would you handle this situation?

• Pull them over, feel them out and discuss the situation. End Result = No ticket.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Pull them over, feel them out and talk about modifications, etc. = No ticket

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Pull them over, feel them out take them both to Jail for reckless driving and street racing

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Pull them over, tell them how ignorant and stupid they are! = No ticket

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Pull them over, read them there rights and issue them the violations. = Ticket

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Watch the race and dont to call it in = No ticket, some entertainment!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominick32

BANNED
Officers of the Law - Enter this poll.

If you see two SVT Performance Members racing @ 2 AM on a public highway with no other cars in sight how would you handle the situation?

Situation -
2 Civilian SVT Performance Members Driving 03 Cobra Terminators
Stop in the middle of the expressway and 3 honk from a dig.
They approach speeds upwards of 120mph.
They then proceed to slow down to normal 55mph speeds after the race.
No traffic at all
55MPH Zone
2 Cop Vehicles, 2 officers

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
Dominick32 said:
If you see two Ford Muscle car civilians racing @ 2 AM on a public highway with no other cars in sight how would you handle the situation?

Situation - No traffic at all
55MPH Zone

Dont worry - Poll results are anonymous. lol

Dominick32

BANNED
Well, since voting is completely anonymous any officer of the law would not be obligated to post about his truthful opinion. So I guess we are just going to have to go by the voting results being solely from officers unless they feel like sharing there opinion. Freedom of speech. Nothing can be held against anyone on this website.

Dom

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
What this poll is missing is a reference to attitude. For the record, street racing at anytime is a bad idea. There are to many deaths and injuries related to street racing. Further, the ****y argument that "It wont happen to me because I am a good driver who know his car" is crap. Police are trained in high speed driving in all sorts of conditions and road designs. And we still wreck!!!

There are many different things police take into consideration when issuing a ticket. To list them all would overload this sites server, then the search would go down again!

Dominick32

BANNED
Defyant said:
There are many different things police take into consideration when issuing a ticket. To list them all would overload this sites server, then the search would go down again!

hahahah. LMAO!!!

Thanks for the response though.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sorry there are too many variables to answer your poll with the listed detractors!

Dominick32

BANNED
-----------Update-------------

Situation -
2 Civilian SVT Performance Members Driving 03 Cobra Terminators
Stop in the middle of the expressway and 3 honk from a dig.
They approach speeds upwards of 120mph.
They then proceed to slow down to normal 55mph speeds after the race and cruise.
No traffic at all
55MPH Zone

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
No brainer. Both racing and reckless driving require a cash bond, so they would go to jail for at least the racing. If I got my radar on them they would get the ticket for speeding too.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
Why ticket them if literally no one else is on the road....

If i were a cop...i would def. pull them over...take their licenses and registration...see whats up...and come back and give them warnings saying that if i ever saw them doing it again...i would have to ticket them..take them in.. etc..telling them its not a good idea...seen a lot of accidents..stick to the track...have a nice night and be careful. end of story.

a warning would be cool given the situation (3am with no traffic)

however, if there were cars on the road with them...i would def. give the ticket because they endangered others.

I dont care much for cops who stop ppl and bust balls and give tickets left and right. Just makes the ppl receiving the tickets hate cops and want to disobey.

if your a cool cop and reason with ppl and say your not out to get everyone and just to take it easy and be safe...dont do it in traffic...dont do it around here anymore..etc..ppl will respect you more. IMHO

Dominick32

BANNED
If I were an officer:

Given the circumstances with no traffic and being a fellow SVT Performance member I would not ticket the individuals. I would yell at them and tell them never to do that in my jurisdiction again. But I would not ticket them.
The only people they were endangering would be themselves and they fully accepted that risk.

Dom

cammer00gt

Established Member
well im a cop and i hate giving people tickets period. i always hated getting tickets before i was a cop . i dont mind answering calls thats my job and helping peeps. We have plenty of guys who love using there power to **** with everyone and get the best stats for the month so they look good infront of the lts, captains ...... Asskissers. il pull you guys over and talk with ya issue 2 warning tickets aslong ass there is no lying and attitude going on . im a laid back guy. All police officers speed, run redlights, and illegal shit. hell i run people on the street with my mustang. Its stupid but atthe time its like **** it. ya i could **** up and hurt someone or possibly kill some one but that would be on me i hope it doesnt happen and usually it a 1st and 2nd gear run and then slow down .

Dominick32

BANNED
cammer00gt said:
well im a cop and i hate giving people tickets period. i always hated getting tickets before i was a cop . i dont mind answering calls thats my job and helping peeps. We have plenty of guys who love using there power to **** with everyone and get the best stats for the month so they look good infront of the lts, captains ...... Asskissers. il pull you guys over and talk with ya issue 2 warning tickets aslong ass there is no lying and attitude going on . im a laid back guy. All police officers speed, run redlights, and illegal shit. hell i run people on the street with my mustang. Its stupid but atthe time its like **** it. ya i could **** up and hurt someone or possibly kill some one but that would be on me i hope it doesnt happen and usually it a 1st and 2nd gear run and then slow down .

An honest police officer!
:beer:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
My girlfriends father is a ltnt. in suffolk...hes a prick! hardly any personality.

My uncle is a captain in the city...doesnt really give tickets but hes a cool guy...i could see my uncle in suffolk not being a ball buster.

I guy i meet at the gym from time to time is a suffolk cop and he told me that in 15 years he has given less than 10 speeding tickets...told me there is no such thing as a "quota".

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
What's up??? You can't view the results without voting?.. I'm not a P-O, so I don't want to vote, just the the results so far...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Late night, limited visibility due to darkness, speeds in excess of 120 mph.

I would pull them over and make the arrests. What lesson is being learned if the two get a warning and continue the behavior until there is a car in the way and someone is injured or killed? How is justice served for the family of that victim?

Better yet, the officers make the stop, issue a verbal warning and drive away, all witnessed by a passing motorist.

The two continue on racing the other direction and end up crashing, injuring a third party as well as one of the racers. The earlier witness happens to drive by the accident scene and reports what he saw a few minutes earlier.

Guess who gets burned? The two officers, their department, their city and anyone else who the families can hold liable for their dereliction of duty and direct indifference to the the very laws they could have used to prevent such a tragedy. Even the injured racer could sue since his injuries could have been prevented by the officers.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
04TRCobra said:
Why ticket them if literally no one else is on the road....

Because 120 mph= racetrack only
Racing=racetrack only
No one on the road DOES NOT = no law

Machinator

Banned
Defyant said:
What this poll is missing is a reference to attitude. For the record, street racing at anytime is a bad idea. There are to many deaths and injuries related to street racing. Further, the ****y argument that "It wont happen to me because I am a good driver who know his car" is crap. Police are trained in high speed driving in all sorts of conditions and road designs. And we still wreck!!!

So your saying that you never get on your stang on the street, why would you even want a fast car if you never get on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread