offering $100 amend for past miss-step

reason4treason

Established Member
hey guys,

not looking to re-open a can of worms but rather to attempt a repair. like many others on svtp, back in 2012 I got an actual GT500 allocation (after an agonizing wait for a bogus allocation promise), ordered a new '13 GT500, and followed through with the purchase. I got it for $1000 over invoice.

next year, I ordered a '14 GT500 at $1500 over invoice. but I developed unexpected back problems and was not able to purchase that one. so, I started a thread and offered the order (black vert) for $100 more than the $1500 over invoice. Some liked it, some disliked it. 2 guys (biminiLX I believe was one of them) said it was a great deal and somebody should jump on it. if somebody had that offer for me, with no searching or haggling required at all, no waiting (I went thru hell with my ‘13 promised allocation that was a lie and lucked out when a rep added an allocation late in that year), and in CA where huge ADMs were just the typical, I would have been on cloud 9. my need to back out was when the GT500 was already headed from Flat Rock to the Ford Dealer. 2 other guys thought I was being a jerk and had some nasty stuff to say. Chris! Also chimed in to say how out-of-line I was to try to make money on the site (at least I didn’t get one of his numbered rebuttal lists, lol. Sorry Chris!). before I could raise much in the way of counterpoint for discussion at all, or to reconsider what i was doing based on member reaction, the thread was cancelled after about the 6th brief post. That stuck in my craw for a long time. not that I was preoccupied in my daily life by somebody's post on a car forum, but the resentment remained.

My sales guy had another lined up for the '14 for a higher price than I had arranged, so the car went to his 'on deck' buyer.

Chris! said in his post just before the thread was yanked, 'I helped u man.' that was true. And I benefitted from other general purchase info he and some other members had posted during a couple months before my ’13 materialized as well. Chris! had earlier offered to help talk through how to arrange a below-msrp sale with a sales guy in Kentucky or Tennessee (can’t recall which state at the moment) who seemed to have limited cognitive functioning (Topless10th can vouch for this) but who did have a GT500 allocation. Topless10th did get one from that dealership, and it was on svtp that I learned from him of the available allocation. unfortunately, the 2nd allocation I was targeting was gone in the day or so that it took for Chris! to coordinate with me regarding arranging the conversation with the sales guy. The $1500 over invoice '14 purchase in CA that was the source of the pulled thread is a GT500 that I arranged on my own.

had it not been for the information I got solely from svtp (not all from Chris! of course, but all from posts on svtp only), I never would have known about how I could get a new GT500 for below msrp on either the new '13 or the new '14.

so I want to make an offer on svtp for an amend. I want to give somebody on the site $100 in a money order. here is how I am making the amend: I went back to some spring 2012 threads to remind myself of who a bunch of specific svtp members were during the 2013 GT500 buying frenzy. that is when I first learned here how to get one @ below msrp in the midst of ADMs, especially in CA. I have a list of 33 spring 2012 usernames I found (in random order, not alphabetical for example) with a number I already put next to each username. what I would like to do is to have someone on the list, or the current MOD to select 1 number between 1 and 33. just random choice. First of either the MOD or somebody on the list who replies to this thread with their choice of 1 – 33 number is the number I go with.

if I can snail mail the person the money order directly, that would be fine. I'm sure we can work something out. OR I could snail mail it to SID297 administrator/owner, with the M/O in its own stamped blank envelope inside the larger envelope I will snail mail to SID297 (he is Travis?) , and then SID297 could just drop it in his outgoing mail (as I say, I will have a stamped, unsealed blank envelope with the m/o in it for him to put their snail mail address on it and forward to the end recipient.) OR I could mail it to your preferred Ford salesperson with your username on it. You just need a trustworthy middle man. Any way the intended recipient can arrange is fine. Whatever works.

Here is my list in jumbled-up sequence so your number cannot be a choice of someone you might prefer. If I cannot get a response from the first recipient in 3 days, I will move on to a second number…and so on until somebody connects:

RayLucca; xenodragon;The Saint; Omineralgrey3; ON D BIT; topless10th; Colleton; Bonefish; BOD89LX; JVKintheUSA; BossAnaki; chuckstang; dustin88lx; jtfx6552; DepWraith; bpmurr; Devious_Snake; Tob; Ry_TrappO; Chris!; 91svtbird; bumplime; peteypab2133; PowerWheels; BrunotheBoxer; IcebourgGT500; biminiLX; monsterpost; 72MachOne99GT; Ninjak; SID297; CaptainBeyond; BIRDDOC.

If it is you that is chosen and I don’t have your username exactly correct, I will see it correctly when/if you respond to this thread.

reason4treason

Established Member
I don't think you owe anybody anything. I do remember this incident and I felt at the time that you did nothing wrong. If you got $100 just burnin a hole in your pocket you could just donate it to a good charity of your choice.

yeh u might be right. i'll check back over the week and see if anything develops. if not, that's okay.

how about selecting a number between 1 and 33 and then I will post who that person is.

reason4treason

Established Member
How odd.....

Tom

yeh I know it's odd.

it is also the case that I saved $4,169 just on the '13 and the '14 was a few thousand saved had I been able to follow thru on that purchase. and after that I always got killer deals on all the rides I bought.

I put in the footwork, but it is on svtp that I first learned the skillset that I was able to carry forward in combo with my own twist on shopping. for example, on the leftover '13 427 1sc vette I purchased after it sat on the lot for almost 2 years, I got a $91k+ vehicle with a couple hundred miles on it for $55k by adding my dogged persistence to negotiating skills I first learned here. among the vehicles I bought which were new, I got a '15 Rubicon for just over $5000 below msrp, and my '16 Rubi for just a smidge over $4000 below msrp. (would by far have preferred a Raptor but I gotta row my gears). in just the last 5 years I have saved a sh!tload.

the original thread was pulled after about 8 posts in about 4 minutes. I don't think it should have been pulled but at this point I will just make a good faith effort for the purposes of being on good terms with people who did me far, far more good than harm. I doubt that anybody cares but that's okay. whatever.

I have also now arrived at a political stance that's the opposite of the one I previously espoused here. so it's just a tiny part of the new me.

I will leave this up until Sunday and if no takers, it's done.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No need for the cash, but if Ford comes through with a bad@ss new GT500, maybe help another find an allocation?
Either way, I hope things are well and you're enjoying your current ride.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread