Off with the 2.4

Carl

Established Member
Pulled the 2.4 pulley and installed a 2.5. Sucky gas in Maine and too much boost makes it unhappy. I know of only 2 stations in Southern Maine that have 93. The rest is 91. I guess I'll just have to live with the reduced power... ;)

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
You could have used Klotz octane adder.

I used to use it on a 418 I owned, it wouldn't run without knocking on 93 :eek:

Stuff works great, and smells good too!

E

Myfast70

Established Member
I used use Klotz in my dirt bikes years ago (and golden spectro from time to time). Good stuff, although not sure about the octane booster

scampismith

Crazy George
Established Member
Pulled the 2.4 pulley and installed a 2.5. Sucky gas in Maine and too much boost makes it unhappy. I know of only 2 stations in Southern Maine that have 93. The rest is 91. I guess I'll just have to live with the reduced power... ;)
If your ever in the Bangor area we have 93.

Carl

Established Member
I'm often in Bangor but never with the Shelby.

Last edited:

Carl

Established Member
Van,

No detonation with the 2.5. Only issue is a little surging and idle speed hunting around especially when coming to a stop. It's a little odd on startup as well, tachs up to about 1200 rpm then immediately drops to about 500 then tries to settle at about 750 - 800. Tune needs some tweaking I think.

Van@RevanRacing

Van,

No detonation with the 2.5. Only issue is a little surging and idle speed hunting around especially when coming to a stop. It's a little odd on startup as well, tachs up to about 1200 rpm then immediately drops to about 500 then tries to settle at about 750 - 800. Tune needs some tweaking I think.

Are you getting any codes?

If not I would suggest putting in a ticket at www.lundracing.com/support

Many tunes are very repeatable but sometimes the different combinations require some minor dash pot, drive by wire and idle air changes.

It could also be adaptive learning. Sometimes it can take the PCM 50 drive and key cycles to learn but many times its not totally necessary for the cycles.

It's better than it was with the previous tune you had before the Lund tune?

Thanks

Van

Carl

Established Member
No codes. Tune is better than before. Honestly I'm going to hold off and see how it runs with the 123 CJ MAF in the stock CAI. That's probably going to be what I stay with for a CAI anyway.

Van@RevanRacing

No codes. Tune is better than before. Honestly I'm going to hold off and see how it runs with the 123 CJ MAF in the stock CAI. That's probably going to be what I stay with for a CAI anyway.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

That set up with the larger MAF and them the OEM intake necks down a little and might need some tweaking. Might being the keyword. Thanks Carl.

Carl

Established Member
I will cut the molded in MAF out of a stock CAI and put in the CJ 123. I started working on it last night. It should look and work nice...

Users who are viewing this thread