off topic law related question

bouncer18

Established Member
Are any of you able to lookup a Drivers License and give me the name of the owner or is that an illegal search?

reason i ask is a person came into our store, bought $500 worth of merchandise from us. Check cleared and now a month later it bounces because it has come back as a stolen cehck.

we have the number off the license and are curious if it is valid(ie: a dumb criminal who used his license) or a fake one.

the real owner of the check is un-cooperative and wont help us. Police department was called in regards to the filed report and after 28 hours has not return our phone calls.

If yo can lookup an ID from Kansas/Missouri please pm me.

if this is illegal or against board rules please let me know and close/delete thread.

thanks for the assistance.

Juruense

Banned
Your local Department of Motor Vehicles will give you the information you seek if you go there in person and pay a small fee. The information is a matter of public record and all citizens are entitled to it.

bouncer18

Established Member
1 sentance clerifies what i have been searching for during the past 2 hours.

Thanks for the insight.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There is NO LEO here that will risk his career for this type of search. Call the police and report the crime and they will run it.

txyaloo

Established Member
If it's a Missouri DL#, I have access to that DB online. PM me the number and I'll be glad to look it up. No dice if it's a Kansas DL#.

BEAVER SNIFFER

Established Member
The agency you filed the report with should do this in their investigation. What you are asking for on this board is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread