Off topic for Open trackers

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
We all have our opinions about who is fastest, which track is the best and nobody will ever agree on one guy or one track. But after the days Open tracking is completed.
Which event, track, state........offers the best in after hours fun, fun, fun.(Las Vegas Hookers don't count)

I know we have the best comedy/driver at WGI but what do you guys in other parts of the county do after a day at the track that keeps everybody happy?

Retired guy with nothing to do on a Tue PM wants to know.

RD

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
I like Gingerman because of all the friends who eat, drink, and camp out. might sound boring, but I'll take laughing and bsing with good people over vegas hookers anytime :) The generosity and kindness of these people is truly humbling.

I second that :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Although Gingerman is not my favorite track for numerous reasons, they DO allow us to camp there and that makes for a VERY fun weekend. As soon as the track goes cold, (and sometimes even five or ten minutes before that) we crack the barley pops open and get working on the cars. Fire up the grill and start getting busy on a little "Track Brown" as Ted would refer to it. Maybe watch a race on the satellite or some track vids. That's what truly makes the weekend fun. It's the people. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Gingerman for the off-track fun and laid back attitude, and Road America for the track......nothing else like it.:thumbsup:

Although RA does have Siebkens.:beer:

Dar

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Sounds like a pack of midwesterners here. I have little experience to call on, but Ive spent the weekend shacked up at VIR, Road Atlanta and Roebling Road this year and have fully enjoyed the company in each location.

For me after a full day of serious auto sports, I am pooped. I don't need to socialize or party to enjoy myself. But I've found at each of those locations conversations that I would both enjoy and learn from. Often making a new friend in the process.

Personally, I love Savannah, GA as a vacation spot and for a nice place to enjoy dinner and an evening out. I would recommend Roebling Road Raceway because of that. Myself, I don't have the inclination to hit downtown after a long day at the track. Just not enough energy for that anymore.

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Hmmm....

Roger Davis said:
Las Vegas Hookers don't count)

I thought youse guys out east preferred livestock:poke:

ShelbyGuy said:
I'll take laughing and bsing with good people over vegas hookers anytime

BlackBolt9 said:
I second that :beer:
Sounds like voices of experience...:D

Roger, I find informal get togethers to share lies after the day is done make the events fun regardless of the track or the quality of the restaurant (or whatever). :beer:

--Mike

Last edited:

SL 1993 R

Established Member
Having been at a few tracks,, Road America is an awesome track, but not much around there. I spent a week in Fond du Lac I think. In the evenings we swatted mosquitoes...

Laguna Seca and the corkscrew have no equal. Monterey and the Pacific Ocean being so close make this a spot the spouse willing goes to.

Sears Point / Infineon Raceway is a challenging track. Near by is the Napa wine country and San Francisco is a short drive away.

Willow Springs, the fastest road in the west, is a high speed, and fun course. Lancaster and Mojave are nearby, but the high desert doesn't have much night life, unless you like the steady wind.

Las Vegas is an okay track, but the night life rocks....

SDW Racing

Established Member
normal_DSC_0671%20%28Large%29.JPG

Roger,

I think what I like most about the events at Watkins Glen is that there is such an air of family there.

Take, for instance, the fact that they employ the less fortunate at the track. The unofficial mascot in the garages has always been Corky. Corky is responsible for sweeping up the garage area and has been known to play practical jokes on the racers. I know he has suprised me quite a few times and can be downright bawdy.

I think that gets any event off on the right foot and sets the tone for happy lap times.

In the above photo we see Enrico Grindatitti (left) sharing a laugh with Corky.

Last edited:

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
John,
I have met that Corky a few times and he is fun to have around. All the racers love him and except for the one time he tried to eat the fender off one of the cars he seems to enjoy the track experience too.

RD

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
[QUOTE='03 Sonic Blue]Sounds like voices of experience...:D[/QUOTE]

Damn right, why pay for something you could get for free :poke: :uh oh: :D

SDW Racing

Established Member
Corky!!!!! Corky!!!!

Roger Davis said:
John,
I have met that Corky a few times and he is fun to have around. All the racers love him and except for the one time he tried to eat the fender off one of the cars he seems to enjoy the track experience too.

RD

yep,

Here is Corky caught in the act wearing his donated driving suit to 'fit in' with the Crankoids.

normal_DSC_0315%20%28Medium%29%7E0.JPG

Of course, I don't think there was a funnier moment then when he let us play our version of 'Tag' with him!!!!!

normal_IMG_0602.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread