Off to pick up the new snake today

66GT350

Established Member
Well, heading west this afternoon to go get my bebe, if you can't tell, I'm a tad excited!!!! Called the P.O. yesterday to confirm all the paperwork details, had a great chat. He hadn't been driving her very much the last couple of months so he decided to just go through her this weekend to make sure all was shipshape with one of his buddies who's a Ford tech, and another Cobra owner.

Turns out he wasn't happy with the brake pedal length so they put on new front pads, turned the rotors and changed the fluid. He said since he couldn't remember the last time he did it, they went ahead and pulled the intake and cleaned it, the MAF and the IMRC's for me. Oh, and he changed the oil (M1 5W/30 and a new K&N) since it was about 500 miles short of being due and he knew I'd be driving her home :) . Obviously, that says everything about the kind of owner she's had and the care that's been given to the car. I've always maintained you "buy" the owner as much as the car and, knock on wood, have never had a bad experience.

Well, I'll post a couple of pics from the road for you guys, if I can. Enjoy the rest the week, I know I will :D

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'd say you are a "luck dog" to be getting the car from such a thoughtful and caring owner. Many times, I've wished I would've been so fortunate ...

I'm working tonight, from 1500 - 2300, or I'd invite you in for some coffee on your way through San Antonio. Next time ...

Dan

blk96SVT

Established Member
Congrats man, excellent choice on the car and especially on the color!! Have fun and be safe with her!

Svets96

Established Member
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new ride. Nice color to choose! Becareful on the trip home.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
have a safe trip tang!!! Sounds like you got a great car. I was one of the lucky ones that bought their Cobra used BONE stock. Waiting to see pics. :thumbsup:

66GT350

Established Member
UPDATE.....UPDATE.....UPDATE...

Yes, all, title in hand, two sets of keys, I got her. Heading out early this morning on I-10. Car was just as advertised and very tidy. Paint is very good on the car, just the usual swirl marks and tiny micro scratches in the black paint one expects to see (if you look with a microscope, like I do....LOL). Nothing a couple of hours with some 3M #30009, a buffer and some Zaino won't fix this weekend - see my post over in Pics and Vids under "My Zaino results" if you want to know how to do it.

Motor and under carriage needs a detail too, but I expected I would have to do that that since you can eat off the mill in my wife's daily driver. No funny noises and she pulls hard, as expected. HOLY SH*T do these things like the rev's!!!!!!!! Speaking of which, I'm begining to think 4.10's might be the ticket.

Well, I'll take some road pics when I make my first stop, but since I am on hotel dial-up, I probably won't post 'em till Saturday. I'll track mileage and post up tonight. See ya fellas.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Nice choice on the color. U won't be disappointed. Can't wait to see those pictures.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by tang350
UPDATE.....UPDATE.....UPDATE...

Yes, all, title in hand, two sets of keys, I got her. Heading out early this morning on I-10. Car was just as advertised and very tidy. Paint is very good on the car, just the usual swirl marks and tiny micro scratches in the black paint one expects to see (if you look with a microscope, like I do....LOL). Nothing a couple of hours with some 3M #30009, a buffer and some Zaino won't fix this weekend - see my post over in Pics and Vids under "My Zaino results" if you want to know how to do it.

Motor and under carriage needs a detail too, but I expected I would have to do that that since you can eat off the mill in my wife's daily driver. No funny noises and she pulls hard, as expected. HOLY SH*T do these things like the rev's!!!!!!!! Speaking of which, I'm begining to think 4.10's might be the ticket.

Well, I'll take some road pics when I make my first stop, but since I am on hotel dial-up, I probably won't post 'em till Saturday. I'll track mileage and post up tonight. See ya fellas.

4.30's!!!!!

Definitely go with 4.30s! They are great! Do some searches on the various boards and you might be swayed to get the 4.30s. Can't wait to see some pics!

Tim

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
4.30's!!!!!

Definitely go with 4.30s! They are great! Do some searches on the various boards and you might be swayed to get the 4.30s. Can't wait to see some pics!

Tim

I love my 4.30 gears, do like he said and Dont fear the gear!!!

66GT350

Established Member
Just got home last night...LATE. Man, do I love this car, just ate up the miles with the 460 going. Very surprised at the mileage I got, 23MPG on the long runs through AZ and NM at 80+ average speeds. Had the opportunity to pin the ears back on her a time or two in triple digit land and was very pleased, even ran for a while with a nice Yellow 99 snake between Flagstaff and Las Cruces - fun, fun. ZERO problems on the road, temp, oil, volts all in the green. I went ahead and replaced two tires on her before I headed out since I anticipated a couple of high speed runs (BFG G-Force TK's). Very tight car, no squeaks or rattles, but it's almost time for new shocks - got a box of KYB's in the garage already.

Only two issues are a very slight gear whine (I'm thinking it's just the aftermarket install but will check) and a noisy injector on passenger side bank (I'll try a little injector cleaner before I start twirling any wrences). First order of biz is to detail the engine bay this morning (it's filthy). Nothing a little Simple Green and some CDC won't cure, but it sure needs it. Of course a quick bath and then I'll get the pics up, this afternoon, promise.

One thing I was really amazed at is how quiet the stock pipes are on these. We'll be fixing that soon :D .

Users who are viewing this thread