Off-road X Or H-Pipe?

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
I have a 2014 5.0 with MBRP Race Catback System
Still have the stock H-Pipe and Manifolds
I can't really find any video's with a Off-road X-Pipe used with this system or a H-Pipe
Anyone heard a Off-Road mid pipe used with this system?
I'm not sure which route I wanna go with either a H or X, I like both sounds just not entirely sure which one will sound good with this Catback

Vert

Established Member
H will give you a deeper tone while the x will be more raspy and the X MIGHT give you 1-2 more HP.

helloWorld

Established Member
Last edited:

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
Thanks A lot For the Replies Guys, I appreciate it
I will just go along with a Lethal Off-road H-Pipe and maybe a Jon Lund Tune, I heard AED was the best so still debating on which one I wanna invest money into

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
How much HP your car putting down?
I have the same color and gears in my car
I think I will go with 3.55's. I was told anything higher will make me lose HP with the Auto Gears

helloWorld

Established Member
I have not dyno'd my car as it sits now. When I dyno'd my car last December, I had everything the same except I still had cats and I was running the Borla ATAK catback system, which had an x-pipe. I put down something like 384 RWHP and 405 RWTQ.

I strongly suggest AED for datalog tuning, especially for the automatics. The only thing better would be a dyno tune from someone that knows how the coyote engine works. I don't know too much about Louisiana, so I can't make any suggestions.

From what I have read, for these automatics, the 3.31 is the fastest for these automatics in the 1/4 mile. This also depends on you having full exhaust, cobra jet intake, and the like. Many people who have automatics and go the forced induction (FI) route, stay with or go back to the 3.15's.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
That's not bad for just basic bolt ons
I will definitely go with AED , Dyno tuning here in Louisiana is about $500
I really don't want to pay that much right now and still have bolt ons I wanna put on, Like FI
So AED sounds like a Good choice

I will do a little more research on the gearing, I remember reading a Article similar if not the same about what you are saying so maybe I should just stay with the 3.15'a for now and see how the tune wakes up the car first

Users who are viewing this thread