Off road h pipe

03terminat0r

Established Member
I plan on taking the cats off my boss but the only problem is that I want to keep the track key tune. If I was to remove the cats by changing the mid pipe would that interfere with the track key? If so what would be my options? Just want to find out what I have to do in order to remove the cats but still have a functional track key.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
You can run a off road mid pipe and it wont hurt the motor what so ever. you will get a P0430 and a P0420 code, which just means the cats are not functioning properly. you can get whats called a "oxygen sensor spacer" for the rear 02 sensors which should eliminate that code.

03terminat0r

Established Member
Now if I was to change the headers would that interfere with the track key tune? I eventually plan on doing a full exhaust (Lt header, midpipe, catback). If I was to do a full exhaust would the track key still be functional? My goal for now is to make as many mods as I can without altering the track key tune.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Get rid of the track key and get a custom tune, you'll make better power. You WILL have to get a custom tune with LT's.

Jroc

Established Member
Get rid of the track key and get a custom tune, you'll make better power. You WILL have to get a custom tune with LT's.

This is what I was thinking. A good tuner can likely give you a superior tune to the OEM track key tune. JMO. I don't own a Boss 302 or anything though.

TRDon

Established Member
I was planning on the trackey, but seems pointless if I need a custom tune for small changes like headers

86Fbody

Established Member
I was planning on the trackey, but seems pointless if I need a custom tune for small changes like headers

The TracKey seems more and more like a gimmick. The engine breaking and what not does seem cool, but I am sure a tuner can do the same and really get your money's worth.

LostPony

Established Member
The improved throttle response and engine braking are useful on a track. The nice thing about TracKey is that it doesn't void your warranty, although it will shorten the warranty to 36k IF they can prove that the problem is related to TracKey, but remains 50k if it is not related. I have no plans to do a custom tune until after my warranty expires, if at all, this motor is just too expensive to risk it for a few more ponies.

Users who are viewing this thread