Of the "Big Three" which company has been........

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
The most innovative in the last 20 years in regards to American performance? Basically which company in your opinion has influenced the current car era? I personally think we live in one of the greatest times for American performance cars. 700 plus HP cars, magnetic suspensions, the largest FPC V8 produced, turbocharging/supercharging with good MPGs!

Opinions and examples in the last 20 years?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
To me, Chevy has been doing it right for some time now. Big ci motors with no need for f/i. They have always been the one to beat or keep up with. Recently I would say Ford has stepped their game up tremendously and it's making the other two do the same. It's a very exciting time in the car industry.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I mean with the announcement of all the ecoboost stuff / aluminum frame stuff that ford has been doing I don't know how they aren't the top dog right now. I mean I guess it depends on what you consider to be "the best". But ford has definitely shown there are no bounds to where they might go next. That's what their competition should be afraid of.

And don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not a fanboy. I think dodge has made some great accomplishments this year, mainly the hellcat. But the viper looks great too. And chevy has the z06. Even though its only real difference is the cosmetic / interior (from the zr1 that is), its still a great car and everyone has been talking about it.

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I agree with TB. For the most part I'd say Chevy. '95 was the last year Ford used pushrods in Mustangs and I think Chevy started taking a more clear lead as far as hp per dollar as well as engines responding to mods. But more recently, I wanna see what Ford has up their sleeves and how it turns out

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Chevy

Late mid/late 90s LT1s/LS1s Camaros/Trans Ams would walk the dog on mustang offerings at the time in stock form.

Last 5 I give to Ford, but you really had to plan your attack back in the day or get dealt with.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Well dodge used to only have the viper and the neon, but besides the few rare edition rams they released they were nothing to write about. When they released the srt8 it was a huge step in the right direction but keeping it unchanged for 5 years was a mistake. I think lately with the merger and the release of the 8 speed first, they are right in the running but honestly each manufacturer is doing groundbreaking things just with different cars and with different things, Ford with the ecoboost and aluminum, Chevy with the new 10 speed and their race suspension, and fca with air ride, the addition of f/i. It's a good time to live in America.

Users who are viewing this thread