oem wheels

BStorm

can wheelie for miles
Established Member
A friend of mine has two oem (left and right) 1993 cobra rims brand new in a box for sale. What are they worth?

Lee

Established Member
I've got a complete set like that. I guess they're worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Nothing more, nothing less.

9T3SVT

Established Member
Not saying that he'll get it but I bought a brand new set of OEM wheels off of Ebay for $1100. I wouldn't have paid anymore than that. Since the market is flooded with the replicas the price has gone down, but not by much. OEM and new make them rare he should get a pretty penny for them. Just my $.02

Lee

Established Member
When they were still available they were selling for $250 each from a number of retail outlets. Yea, the new knock offs have the wrong offset for the stock 93 Cobra.

BStorm

can wheelie for miles
Established Member
I think he wants to get $600 I'm not sure but make offers and I'll let him know. Thanks , Brian

cobra1993svt

Established Member
No the knock offs are kinda what some people want. I would definately take 2 left/right NIB rims for $850. To me that is a steal

Lee

Established Member
I said it wrong above, the knock offs are NOT what we'd hoped for. We'd hoped for 93 Cobra wheels with the Cobra offset.

9T3SVT

Established Member
Lee said:
the knock offs are what we'd hoped for.

No they aren't, now all the "regular" foxes will end up with what was once a rare wheel. Not only that, they aren't even made for our cars! :nonono: I would rather spend more up front than going through the hassle of switching everything to make the knock offs fit. I will not be happy if I start to see tons of GT's running around with fake Cobra wheels. The same thing happened with the R wheels, way to many out there. I'm glad people think they're ugly, I love them, they make the whole car IMO :burnout:

Last edited:

Lee

Established Member
The Ebay auction wheels went for only $1225. New they were $250 each and $50 each for the wheel covers for a total of $1200. Interesting.

Lee

Established Member
Guess I'll sit on my new set for a while. Maybe a few years down the road I'll buy another 93 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread