OEM Wheel Finish

93SVTeric

Established Member
I want to have my OEM wheels repainted or preferably powder coated. Anyone know a paint code or have done this and knows the best process?

93SVTeric

Established Member
Dropped the wheels off Saturday to get them powdercoated Bengal Silver and will be back in a couple days...I will post pics as soon as I can!

buddha93

Established Member
Dropped the wheels off Saturday to get them powdercoated Bengal Silver and will be back in a couple days...I will post pics as soon as I can!

Ya, make sure you post back up and let us know how they turned out. Who is going to to your powdercoating?

93SVTeric

Established Member
Ya, make sure you post back up and let us know how they turned out. Who is going to to your powdercoating?

A guy here in Houston, Tony...he does all my stuff and has been for years. His work is flawless and at $50 a wheel you cant beat the price!

93SVTeric

Established Member
I finally got the wheels on the car. I went with what you guys said and used Bengal Grey, presonally I think it could be 1 shade lighter but I have to say the finish is amazing and I am happy.

9df52a05.jpg

2892a824.jpg

73b7c0f1.jpg

Phistry810

#2010 1993 Cobra
Established Member
I finally got the wheels on the car. I went with what you guys said and used Bengal Grey, presonally I think it could be 1 shade lighter but I have to say the finish is amazing and I am happy.

9df52a05.jpg

2892a824.jpg

73b7c0f1.jpg

Looks good! Is it Bengal gray or Bengal silver? Is there a difference?

Sleepr71

Established Member
I am having mine powdercoated now & will post pics when I get them back. FWIW, we looked at & compared 1/2 dozen Silver colors & I settled on "Heavy Silver". I can't remember which company it was through,but it seemed to have the right amount of metallic flake & was "bright" enough. Either the colors weren't bright enough,or didn't have enough metallic flake:fm:.I must say, IT's hard to match the finish on 20 yr. old wheels( due to sun/environmental exposure)! I chose to match the area that had been covered by the center caps.....we shall see & learn from my experience:beer:.Sleepr71

Last edited:

Sleepr71

Established Member
We ended up powdercoating mine "Heavy Silver" using NIC powder. I think they came out very,very close..but will get pics soon so ya'll can be the judge. Either way,they're miles ahead of the chipped,20 yr old stockers:beer:.Sleepr71

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Yep - that's my car in that thread above. Al at Northeast Coatings did the work on them. One thing to note, they are powder coated and also shot with a clear coat. Had them done about 5 years ago and they still look just as good as the day they were done.

Here's a close up of the wheel finish:

CobraSale089.jpg

CobraSale023.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread