OEM Terminator Eaton Compatibility?

97cobrachris

Established Member
hey guys-- just like the title says im wondering whether or not an oem 03 eaton supercharger will fit on my stock 97 cobra?? ive used the search function here for the better part of an hour and i cant find the answer im looking for-- so i apologize in advance for the newb question here.

so if it does fit, what else will i need in addition to the eaton piece--im assuming obviously i would need an intercooler, TB, MAF and injectors but i sure im missing some stuff here...

and if it doesnt fit and isnt compatible, why??

thanks a lot guys!

:beer:

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Sorry man, that blower is made to fit different heads. You would need to buy new heads, in addition to all the stuff you mentioned and more. It's not cost effective.

albino96 has a thread on trying to make an adapter plate to fit that blower. Do a search for his screen name. Its cheaper to buy a kit from a manufacturer that is originally designed to work with these cars.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Buy a specific Kit. They are out there. KB, Paxton, Vortec, etc, etc. It will be a cheaper conversion.

-Jeff

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Ugh
search buttons does wonders
this topic has come up many times, not worth the money for the power and time

kit5pt0

Established Member
hey guys-- just like the title says im wondering whether or not an oem 03 eaton supercharger will fit on my stock 97 cobra?? ive used the search function here for the better part of an hour and i cant find the answer im looking for-- so i apologize in advance for the newb question here.

so if it does fit, what else will i need in addition to the eaton piece--im assuming obviously i would need an intercooler, TB, MAF and injectors but i sure im missing some stuff here...

and if it doesnt fit and isnt compatible, why??

thanks a lot guys!

:beer:

just remove the intake and put it on. piece of cake.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
i appreciate all the sarcasm.

thanks to the guys who actually helped with the question..

Pay no attention...this is easily the most frequently asked question on this section of the forums. We wouldn't know what to do if someone didn't ask this at least once a week.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i appreciate all the sarcasm.

thanks to the guys who actually helped with the question..

lol

Pay no attention to us old farts we like to pick a lot.

But in reality I used to know exactly what page the thread was on that the quote came from at any given time.
That really is how often this comes up.

Must admit though it has been a few weeks.

BTW, the next answer is 4.30s:poke::poke:

Last edited:

97cobrachris

Established Member
its cool i knew it was a dumb question but i guess i was putting the wrong words in the search box...

maybe it should be a sticky??

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
as cool as it would be to throw the 03/04 eaton on our cobras, its gonna be costly and quite honestly...for the price, there is SOOO much better out there!

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I am working on the eaton swap, but more and more I want to just intercool the kb. Hmm... I wonder how much my tax return will be...

Users who are viewing this thread