oem manifold/midpipe downtubes

beeradd

Established Member
I bought a stainless bassani x pipe with removable cats off craigslist and now that I have it home I suddenly realized it is missing the downtubes. Man I feel smart....... Can anybody help me out?

beeradd

Established Member
6tpank.jpg
[/IMG]

hope this works, trying to figure out how to post pics. I have all but the tubes which connect from the cats to the stock manifolds.

greengt88

Established Member
I have the exact same x-pipe, i suggest keeping the cats. I'd rec. calling bassani and seeing if u can buy just those 2 pipes, i wouldn't see why not. the passenger side has a flange, not a ball/socket connection. i would also absolutely get a new gasket for the flange from ford, i think it was $11-12bucks. depending on if ur cobra is 03 or 04 u will need O2 sensor extensions. 04's require them. i used bbk for mine around $55. just find the bbk part # for them and type that in google search under "shopping" i do that for almost everything i buy, u'd be amazed how much u can save. don't forget that summit racing has beat-a-price guarantee. they'll beat the lowest price u find on a legit website and beat it by $1.

beeradd

Established Member
Thanks for your help, I called Bassani and they do sell the downtubes. They are $85 a piece

greengt88

Established Member
that's not too bad, just be glad it wasn't the cats u needed, put a "1" in front of the $85 each....yea, they ain't cheap. Ford Mustang Parts - Free Shipping! - Mustang Accessories & Parts carries bassani stuff, they r the cheapest around and usually have free shipping. check those cats, i have one side that is loose and the substrate moves about a 1/4"in. not hurting anything though, just make sure they aren't clogged. alot of guys have leaks with these 5pc. x-pipes so u may want to get new/better clamps, especially if u r gonna have it off/on a few times to do other stuff. i still have my straight pipes if u are interested in them, they are for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread