OEM Leather Recaros?

drh_5.0

Established Member
Does anybody know where to buy (anyone that is selling them personally or a vendor even, Leather Recaro's for 2011-2012 models? I think there was a slight difference for 13-14's seat track? I have seen the cloth before...(but seems even those are harder to find now) though I like leather option way more.

I know the price would be crazy but even if anybody has a part number for the fully assembled Leather Recaro seats from Ford I would appreciate it. Seen a few on Ford Parts but idk what one, if any is a fully assembled seat with upholstery.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI, I don't believe there were any leather Recaro seats available in 11-12 outside of the GT500.

drh_5.0

Established Member
You know...now that you mention it I don't recall seeing one either. I assumed that the track pack came with the option of them since the 2012 Boss had the suede Recaro's.

Plan B then...Anybody know what's involved in trying to retrofit the 2015-2016 Recaro's into an 11 or 12 then? Every time I try to use a search on this forum it tells me no matches.

drh_5.0

Established Member
I think they stopped production of the 11-12 ford racing recaros that are suede.. they went for like 2700 on AM when they used to sell them. New 15-16 leather ones are like 2900?

jn2

Established Member
OEM Recaro's are not cheap. Even as an option they cost close to 2g's. Bought separately they are still a lot.

vikebrian84

Established Member
As for price there was a pair of 2014 gt500 recaros that sold for 4000 with the driverside having a blown airbag. Theyre expensive. Be patient though and you can get a good deal around the 3k mark.

If you dont mind switching out harnesses the 11 to 14s are all interchangable and easy to do

drh_5.0

Established Member
As for price there was a pair of 2014 gt500 recaros that sold for 4000 with the driverside having a blown airbag. Theyre expensive. Be patient though and you can get a good deal around the 3k mark.

If you dont mind switching out harnesses the 11 to 14s are all interchangable and easy to do

Interesting I didn't know the wiring harnesses were different too.

I may even go a TMI Upholstery route...only thing is I wanted to get harnesses and idk if I can probably use a harness with the TMI

king_13

Established Member
I'd get Corbeau if you really wanted bucket seats, much cheaper and still great quality. They even make brackets to fit them in 11-14 mustangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick3

Established Member
Does anybody know where to buy (anyone that is selling them personally or a vendor even, Leather Recaro's for 2011-2012 models? I think there was a slight difference for 13-14's seat track? I have seen the cloth before...(but seems even those are harder to find now) though I like leather option way more.

I know the price would be crazy but even if anybody has a part number for the fully assembled Leather Recaro seats from Ford I would appreciate it. Seen a few on Ford Parts but idk what one, if any is a fully assembled seat with upholstery.

I have some I am looking to sell them $2200 but I am located in California and shipping would kill the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread