OEM Brembo/Boss summer P-Zeros, warm tire vibration problem with 2 different sets

lsxjunkie

Established Member
My Track Pack car came with 255/40/19 P-Zeros. I took them off in for 245/40 Blizzaks in November of last year and put them back on in April of this year. I put them back on and had them Road Force balanced with a Hunter GSP9700. They road forced out to under the .026 tolerance limit at all 4 corners. They immediately developed a very strange vibration only after the tires had warmed up on the highway. The vibration was inconsistent in severity, but always came on around 65-70mph, and would get worse if I drove the car up to 100mph and then came back down to 65mph. I ended up taking all the tires and spinning them 180* on the wheels, and they all road forced back in under .015 and the problem went away.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I bought a set of Boss 302 takeoffs with low mileage tires. The tires sat off the car for a year before I bought them. Bolt them up and they're fine, but present a similar, but less severe vibration when the tires would warm up. I check the road force on the fronts and one comes out to .024, the other to .021. I have the tech spin the .024 tire 180* and it comes out to .019, and now the vibration is incredibly bad, worse than in the spring with my factory tires. Mind you, the wheels balanced out with barely 3 stick on weights, so it's not a balance issue.

I know my solution is to go have the tire dismounted AGAIN (frustrating) and have them spin it back and balance it, but I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem with their Pirellis. I just find it incredible that this happened on 2 different sets of tires and wonder if it is an across the board issue.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
Son of a bitch. Go to the tire store, rotate the one tire 180 degrees on the wheel and the road force comes out to .011, put it back on the car, drive the car 10 miles to get it up to temp and it shakes just as bad as it did before. I am so fed up with this thing. Going back in to pull all 4 tires and remount them to see if I can get this shake to go away.

I am incredibly frustrated.

LQQKOUT

Established Member
Make sure you take off the small washer that is on one stud to keep the rotors in place. They are thin but can create issues.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
Make sure you take off the small washer that is on one stud to keep the rotors in place. They are thin but can create issues.

I thought those weren't an issue if you were using OEM wheels.

16319_10104116292428859_1854612383978196546_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread