OEM Bilstein Shock Rebuild/Revalve

DocB

Established Member
Can the OEM rear Bilstein shocks be rebuilt/revalved?

And would their length be appropriate for a car lowered 1.0-1.5"?

Search brought up nothing. TIA.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
looking forward for information on this and if its more benifical than just getting some QA1 adjustable shocks or like item.....

DocB

Established Member
jrgoffin,

I was told by Bilstein that if the shock is "crimped" it would make a difference if it could be rebuilt or not.

Presently I do not have an OEM shock to look at and would like to know if ours are crimped or not before I get a set, send them in, only to find out they can't be rebuilt or revalved.

If you have had them done before by Bilstein the info would be appreciated. Thanks.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
jrgoffin,

I was told by Bilstein that if the shock is "crimped" it would make a difference if it could be rebuilt or not.

Presently I do not have an OEM shock to look at and would like to know if ours are crimped or not before I get a set, send them in, only to find out they can't be rebuilt or revalved.

If you have had them done before by Bilstein the info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know about the 03/04 shocks specifically. You'll probably just have to score a set and get the boot off to look. Kind of a pain, but beats sending them in first! Too bad Bilstein can't tell you by reference to the part number.

Users who are viewing this thread