OEM 04 Chrome Cobra rims and Tires, 3500 miles!!!

Wade_Racer

Established Member
ok ill send money via paypal. give me your paypal info. dude you act like having 6 year old tires on your wheels make them worth more, when actually it makes them lose value as they are most likely dry rotted and would need replaced shortly anyways, and do not try and say they are not. because like you said they are not on the car and have not been since 3500 miles and you dont know what the tires are gonna look like when you put 4000 pounds on them again. but like I said send me paypal info and Ill send ya 700 shipped THANKS!!

xfrosty63x

Established Member
ok ill send money via paypal. give me your paypal info. dude you act like having 6 year old tires on your wheels make them worth more, when actually it makes them lose value as they are most likely dry rotted and would need replaced shortly anyways, and do not try and say they are not. because like you said they are not on the car and have not been since 3500 miles and you dont know what the tires are gonna look like when you put 4000 pounds on them again. but like I said send me paypal info and Ill send ya 700 shipped THANKS!!

I completely agree. I've seen what happens with the F1s over time on a number of my vehicles. They just do not age well.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
How have these been stored? If they have been stored in a nice climate-controlled environment, I will give you $800 shipped. These tires may sell for a pretty penny, but they do not last very well through the years. I have learned this with these same tires on other SVT vehicles I have owned.

I completely agree. I've seen what happens with the F1s over time on a number of my vehicles. They just do not age well.

I know you won't listen, but this is VERY correct. I just bought a set of 10ths with the original F1's with low miles on them, but they did stay on the car in a regular garage. THEY SUCKED! They literally almost no tread missing. "pretty much brand new tires" is what discount tire told me, but the first time I did a roll race with them, I was all over the road! It was like I was doing a burn out in first only I was going 60ish mph. Ordered some BFG KD's the next day. MUCH better.

You are being offered a fair price at the $900 mark. $1300 is A LITTLE high, but understandable with GOOD tires (6 year old F1's don't qualify in this category) I'm sorry if you feel differently, but I just sold a pair of stock chromies off an 04 mystichrome with low miles for $900 with newish tires that would actually keep traction when needed. They were flawless. Good luck with your sale, mang. :beer:

Last edited:

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I know you won't listen, but this is VERY correct. I just bought a set of 10ths with the original F1's with low miles on them, but they did stay on the car in a regular garage. THEY SUCKED! They literally almost no tread missing. "pretty much brand new tires" is what discount tire told me, but the first time I did a roll race with them, I was all over the road! It was like I was doing a burn out in first only I was going 60ish mph. Ordered some BFG KD's the next day. MUCH better.

You are being offered a fair price at the $900 mark. $1300 is A LITTLE high, but understandable with GOOD tires (6 year old F1's don't qualify in this category) I'm sorry if you feel differently, but I just sold a pair of stock chromies off an 04 mystichrome with low miles for $900 with newish tires that would actually keep traction when needed. They were flawless. Good luck with your sale, mang. :beer:

I agree, stock tires arent the greatest, especially on these cars with any modifications done. Its all what someone is willing to pay, it seems that on this board people think its all a "garage sale" where everyone needs the cash and want to just clear things out. This is true to some extent, I just sold my built 04 Mystic for 95% of my asking price in which I kept all the stock parts..It took me 9 months to sell it..I was in no rush, if it sold it sold. Anyway, way off topic here.. I appreciate the way you went about your comment:beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I agree, stock tires arent the greatest, especially on these cars with any modifications done. Its all what someone is willing to pay, it seems that on this board people think its all a "garage sale" where everyone needs the cash and want to just clear things out. This is true to some extent, I just sold my built 04 Mystic for 95% of my asking price in which I kept all the stock parts..It took me 9 months to sell it..I was in no rush, if it sold it sold. Anyway, way off topic here.. I appreciate the way you went about your comment:beer:

No need to bash....too much :rolling: It's not my stuff. Again, good luck with your sale :beer:

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
Don't want to be a bother, but if the other guy is serious about the rims, I'm in for JUST the tires.... Just a thought. Call me if serious: Erik (650) 740-7318

pip2hot4u

Established Member
You cant hardly buy cheap aftermarket rims with no name tires for that price so I would say it is worth it. OEM stuff is always going to be a little higher.

MSUBlake827

Established Member
Don't want to be a bother, but if the other guy is serious about the rims, I'm in for JUST the tires.... Just a thought. Call me if serious: Erik (650) 740-7318

I would take the rims for around $800 shipped. Then you could sell the tires to this guy.

SVT2122

Established Member
I paid 650 for stock chromes with stock eagles last november. They had 5000 miles on them, I also bought the satin wheels and tires, with about 3000 miles on them for 450 about a year ago. I just paid 1000 dollars for 18" Saleen wheels with KDW2/KDW1 with 1000 miles on them, 1300 is insane. Just saying...

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
Dude, people need to chill out on this site about prices. If you think it is too much, then click back out and move along. No need to clutter a thread with comments trying to prove how over priced the wheels are. When you sell things, you either price it to move or not. The OP has stated he's in no hurry to sell them, so he has not cut the price to make them move.

OP - Good luck with sale.

Users who are viewing this thread