Odyssey PC680

hitmix300

Established Member
170cca? I think that is very low for your 5.0 I would look into something near 500-600cca like a kinetik battery.

kdaly

Established Member

hitmix300

Established Member
I'm not sure sorry. I would ask bv600 to be certain. On my battery I completely changed over my terminals to something custom.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I've had that battery on my other car. I wouldn't get it again for sure.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Love to hear why. Havent purchased it yet, but I've only read good reviews on it. If it lasts a year, Im good with that.

That battery constantly went dead on me. It loses charge very quick. It needs a battery tender if you don't drive your car every day. And in the winter, forget about it- I needed a jump so many times from just parking the car. It wasn't worth the weight savings.

thekanezzi

Established Member
I had a pc925 which had plenty of power to crank my ls3 427. I could let it sit for up to 2 weeks without a tender and it would crank no problem

kdaly

Established Member
I had a pc925 which had plenty of power to crank my ls3 427. I could let it sit for up to 2 weeks without a tender and it would crank no problem

Thanks for the reply. Im gonna give it a shot. I found out what terminal I needed. I havent gone into a store yet but a stock battery is pretty much the same price. If it lasts a year, I'll be happy. I really dont drive it much so I could even disconnect if needed between starts.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Im gonna give it a shot. I found out what terminal I needed. I havent gone into a store yet but a stock battery is pretty much the same price. If it lasts a year, I'll be happy. I really dont drive it much so I could even disconnect if needed between starts.

You'll be fine. If it's going to sit for more than 2 days put a tender on it.

Don't let it go dead if you can help it, that's the kiss of death on these types of batteries. Once it's been completely dead 4-5 times, plan on replacing it!

Once you're ready to replace it, look into a Duracell or Braille equivalent (B2618). Both have more cca's, reserve power, bolt right back in, and should last longer.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have 2 of these in my 95.. I wouldn't buy them again either. Go dead very fast and the car has no electrical draws.

4VFTW

Established Member
spend the money and get the 24cell 5lb Antigravity battery. The Pc680 is not a good choice for anything but a weekend/race car.

kdaly

Established Member
spend the money and get the 24cell 5lb Antigravity battery. The Pc680 is not a good choice for anything but a weekend/race car.

Thanks for the replys everyone. Yes this is a weekend only car. Should arrive today. If it doesnt work its well, then I'll try something different. Hard not to give it a shot with how cheap it is.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Thanks for the replys everyone. Yes this is a weekend only car. Should arrive today. If it doesnt work its well, then I'll try something different. Hard not to give it a shot with how cheap it is.
Trust me. It's not gonna work

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Junked mine after a year. Unless you are diligent about keeping it on a tender, it will die. Not a lot of cranking power. There are better options out there

Users who are viewing this thread