odometer stopped!!

gtowncobra

Established Member
ok so my car was overheating due to the fan module not working properly and that in turn burning up my fan plug that would then make the fan not work sometimes. so i had a mechanic take a look at it and he replaced the fan module and that fixed everything but now as im taking it home the i notice the odometer doesnt work i cant contact the mechanic till next week sometime but do yall think its something related or just a fluke and the gear went out or something the odometer is controlled by gear right?? could it be anything electrical cus they had to replace the fan plug?? just need some info to see if its something i can fix now thanks

fourvalvegt

Established Member
its controlled by a gear and spins a little electronic thing that tells the computer how fast you are going. do you have a speedcal for your 4.10s if you do make sure that it is still getting power to it

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I'd check your speedo gear first as it may be chewed up. If not it is likely your cluster. Do a search on speedometer repair for this forum.

gtowncobra

Established Member
yea i know theres tons of them lol i was just wondering if for some freak reason it had anything to do with the mechanic and what he did

Users who are viewing this thread