Odd...

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
I've got a question. I'm in need of tires so naturally I go to the computer and visit www.tires.com. I get the option of Discount Tire Direct, or Discount Tire Store (bricks and mortar). Curiosity got the best of me. I decided to compare prices on the Yokohama AVS ES100.

On Discount Tire Direct my total came to $610.53 with 4 valve stems.

On Discount Tire Store my total came to $796.68 with stems, mounted and balanced.

The store is also shown to charge $40.00 for mount and balance. I can order online and bring my tires to a Discount Tire store and have the same product for over $100.00 less after the mount and balance.

I understand Discount Tire direct is having free shipping which helps, but even if shipping was $100.00, it is still cheaper online. I remember reading the Discount Tire rep on here saying something about not offereing a discount to SVT members because they would have to compete with themselves. Well, to me it looks like they already are. :poke:

Am I reading into this right, or am I going crazy?

Last edited:

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
Thats because discount is charging about 45 above there cost each.the online store will charge less because they only have to store the tires in a warehouse. try tire rack to and then go to discount or national tire and battery and show them a print out of the price and they will meet or beat the price. My sugestion is to go to one of them and wright down the price they will do then go to the other and tell them if they can beat it you will buy from them, you will get a great price.

Users who are viewing this thread